• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

New car - Something a little different

So since selling my last car(s) I had a list of cars I wanted to try/purchase. The Atom is later down the line due to practicality and a lack of use reasons and I initially wanted an Exige S2 260 triple pack, however after viewing quite a few none met my high expectations or were advertised close to their real condition etc.

Due to this I decided to start looking at alternative options. Firstly the S3 Exige v6 Cup, I decided I want to experience this car once I had owned and experienced a Lotus closer to the roots so to speak. ThisIMG_2991.jpegIMG_2992.jpegIMG_2990.jpegIMG_2989.jpegIMG_2988.jpeg is when looking around I came across the Elise Cup Cars. After speaking to Bell and Covil I was told that the S2 Exiges true successor and the ultimate evolution was the S3 Cup car. Some say due to the fully functional Big Aero it's like a weaponised Exige...

After viewing a few cars of various spec's (S Cup, 220Cup, 250Cup - Big and small Aero), some of which threw up red flags, a friend agreed to part with his car as he no longer has time to enjoy.

So here we have it, a very rare Lotus Elise S Cup in a very rare colour. The S Cup was available from Nov 2014 until 2015 as a road legal, track focused car which was to be a line built with assistance from Lotus Motorsport. After the Geneva show in January 2015 it was announced the car would become the 220 Cup and so the Motorsport build plates were dropped, and only 18 cars are recorded as having these build plates, my car is one of the 18. Then came the later model the 250Cup (only 25 Big Aero examples exist which are the same car with a diff map, charger pulley and injectors). Then came the final 250 Cups which have the small aero kit but the exposed gear shifter inside and carbon seats (which were a very expensive option on earlier car).

Although there are some slight differences, the S Cup/220 Cup on paper are said to have 220bhp, however when tested have been closer to the 250 mark and generally fall circa 6hp short of the newer model, (but have the benefit of the mappable oem ecu), not bad numbers for a car weighing in at 920kg.

So the S Cup, there are only 27 of this model in existence of which this is one of 3 or 4 known in this colour (Toxic Green) - to be confirmed by Lotus via a certificate of authentication, ignore the garage state, I need to re-decorate it and was going too before buying the car, however I have not had a chance lol...

Beautiful car, bet this is great fun on a little circuit or airfield.

Very jealous.

Beautiful car, bet this is great fun on a little circuit or airfield.

Very jealous.

Thanks mate

Not had a chance to track it yet but once I am back form the states I am planning to do Brands Indy, Brands GP, Silverstone, Goodwood for sure, then we will see on other Lotus days also for Euro tracks

Stuck in the garage as the weather is terrible, I mostly rock about in a Tiguan now! :D

Lol I know the feeling, The Lotus is locked away and my short journey car is an A1 and the long Journey is the gf's Evoque lol, the Lotus has hardly moved in a week :-(

Once I am back from the states in May I will hope for better weather and some seat/track time

Back