• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Recent content by Chris N

1. Chris N

Non-existent clock?!

Lol fair enough. I couldn't understand it either. Maybe one of the circuits is fried. I just hope Honda behave themselves and sort it.
  2. Chris N

Non-existent clock?!

Oh I get ya. When the head unit is off with the engine on there is no clock - just blank.
  3. Chris N

Non-existent clock?!

All the other functions on the LCD work fine - its just like the clock function has disappeared.
  4. Chris N

Non-existent clock?!

I have a 2004 Facelift CTR with standard head unit which as far as I am aware is supposed to have a clock on the LCD display which it reverts to after 5 seconds of no fiddling with any of the controls. Now this doesn't happen - there is no sign of the clock at any time and holding the buttons...
  5. Chris N

A-Plan Insurance

Much obliged. Sounds promising then.
  6. Chris N

A-Plan Insurance

Has anyone actually had any experience claiming from A-Plan? It's all well and good having a cheap quote but I dont really want the grief if they turn out to be cow-boys, (alleged Adrian Flux stylie). I was gonna go with Direct Line at £918 (24, 2yrs NCB) but then I mentioned I had rear tinted...
  7. Chris N

RAC inspection

I thought if u bought at a honda dealer u got a 12month warranty as standard?
  8. Chris N

Car security?

Guys, this may be a complete noob question but what's wrong with the standard cat 1 alarm that comes with the Type R? Just wondering if I need to get anything extra beyond a disk lock when I get mine.
  9. Chris N

Why so popular with young people?

Although I havent got my CTR yet I checked out the insurance and the best I got from a main insurer was £915 from direct line. I'm 24 with 2 yrs NCB. I thought that was ok - less than I thought.
  10. Chris N

New buyer - assistance appreciated!

Yeah i think you're right about the prices getting cheaper further north. Thing is though, being in Southampton you cant get much further south lol. I guess if I end up buying from a dealer further north then I can always get any warranty work done at any Honda garage instead of having to trek...
  11. Chris N

Now you must have read my mind cos a buyer's guide of things to look for on a test drive was just what I was looking for. Cheers mad_allan. Any others to add anyone?
  12. Chris N

Lots of useful comments - cheers lads. That has certainly sorted things out in my head now. I'll post when i find a CTR i'm thinking of buying.
  13. Chris N

Yeah I see your point. I disagree that the pre-facelift is better looking however - although there isnt much in it really. Chances are tho it will probably end up being a choice between pre-face lift or facelift with higher mileage - that's my dilema.
  14. Chris N

Thanks for the reply Scousefella. Yeah that's true - I guess going for a bit of a higher mileage on a sturdy honda engine probably won't do me any harm. However the piece of mind of a 12 month warranty still makes me lean towards a trade buy. The question still remains though, is the facelift...
  15. Chris N

Hi guys, I've read most of the CTR forum over the past few days - it's really great so congrats on that. I've just started seriously looking at buying although I've really wanted one for years - its just recently become viable. Now I have a few noob questions that I hope you can help me with...
Back