• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Non-existent clock?!

I have a 2004 Facelift CTR with standard head unit which as far as I am aware is supposed to have a clock on the LCD display which it reverts to after 5 seconds of no fiddling with any of the controls. Now this doesn't happen - there is no sign of the clock at any time and holding the buttons the manual says to reset it does bugger all. I got my CTR about a month ago and hence it was like this as sold to me with no mention of it at the time of sale. I took it in and Honda agreed it was bolloxed - I am yet to chase them up on it. I know it isn't covered under warranty but as it was faulty at the time of sale and I was not told I will expect Honda to sort it. Does anyone know what the problem is? Is there a dedicated wire for the clock that may have come loose etc?

All the other functions on the LCD work fine - its just like the clock function has disappeared.

Lol fair enough. I couldn't understand it either. Maybe one of the circuits is fried. I just hope Honda behave themselves and sort it.

Back