• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Recent content by chrisr111

1. chrisr111

FL5 New Civic Type R

I'm not sure what all of the furore around the price is. It was common knowledge it was going to be priced between £45k and £50k--just because people didn't believe or agree with it didin't mean it wasn't going to be true! My CW FL5 order was confirmed with Honda UK on Wednesday--if your...
  2. chrisr111

FL5 New Civic Type R

:oops: What are BMW up to? I thought the new M3/4 grille was bad enough, but if that really is the new M2..... Chris.
  3. chrisr111

FL5 New Civic Type R

Personally, I though they were a bit crap when you could buy one new, I would defo not buy one now secondhand, but each to their own. I think I would always go M2 over an M3/4. If I had to have a Beemer it would probably be an M2 CS or maybe I would wait to see what the new M2 turns out like...
  4. chrisr111

FL5 New Civic Type R

Like what? Chris.
  5. chrisr111

FL5 New Civic Type R

I liked my FK2 a lot more than both of my FK8s, wish I still had it TBH Latest word on the street is the FL5 is going to be £46k-ish in the UK Chris.
  6. chrisr111

FL5 New Civic Type R

From the conversation I had, I don't think it will be that much, but expect it to be over £45k. How much is a spec'ed up Golf R nowadays? Chris.
  7. chrisr111

FL5 New Civic Type R

From a reasonably reliable source, it's going to be more than £40k and will be priced closer to £50k than £40k. My dealer has 4 x £1k deposits and expects to get 6 cars in total. Chris.
  8. chrisr111

FL5 New Civic Type R

I am. Chris.
  9. chrisr111

DC2 DB8 DC5 New Integra ..

Absolutely terrible - even for a dedicated Honda fanboi like me.... :-( Chris.
  10. chrisr111

FK8 Fk8 current values

The market has shifted, and to me at least, a new FK8 is easily worth £40k. Not sure second hand FK8s are worth the current asking prices, but I guess supply and demand rules are in play at the moment. I wouldn't be surprised if the new 2022/23 CTR is over £40k, so that might also adversely...
  11. chrisr111

FK8 Fk8 current values

I don't reckon second hand prices will go down too much anytime soon. I just sold my 6k mile 2 year old A45S that I paid the discount price of £55k when it was brand new, for £51k back to the main dealer. They sold it for £57k in about a week, which I think is still around list price. Make of...
  12. chrisr111

FK8 2023 Type R first pics in a simpler camo

Only 20 FK8 LEs for the UK not 40 That's what I've heard - UK Civics will be built in Japan. Chris.
  13. chrisr111

FK8 Aftermarket Exhausts

It does, but sadly not in this country and there is only one supplier..... ;) Chris.
  14. chrisr111

FK8 FK8 Facelift - does it still have issues?

I had an early pre-facelift from new in 2017, did around 10k miles in it over 2.5 years, and had no issues whatsoever. I've got a 2021 facelift now, and have had no issues with that either. Chris.
  15. chrisr111

FK8 New FK8 - Paint & Running In Questions

The shiney black plastic near the badge below the shift boot is covered with plastic film when it is delivered to the dealer. If it has a scratch on it, it's almost certainly been done post PDI at the dealer's. Chris.
Back