• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Recent content by civic-kow

1. C

Tyre advice.. Bridgestone potenza

Cheers Loxy, thanks a lot! I'm going to source two eagles and think I'll get the other 2 after Xmas. Even though I'm not a racer I wonder if ill feel the difference lol. Cheers for the help
  2. C

Ok cheers. I've found an f1 a2, rated to 88Y XL. Is this right? This is a 205/45 aswell. Which size is is best to go for? I'll be honest, I don't think I can spend all that money swapping every tyre to 215's this close to Xmas so I'm going to have to sick with 205's (is this the right choice)...
  3. C

Cheers for the reply. I think 84 is a 500kg load. So would it be wise to have 84 and 88 load tyres fitted or keep all the same with 84? Or doesn't it matter? The potenza'a aren't 'too' bad, I mean I don't race or rally so they do the job I guess lol. Ill look into the eagles, would i still...
  4. C

Hi all. Just after a bit advice please. Im after a new tyre for my ep3 CTR. Ones fitted are all bridgestone potenza 205/45/17 84v (re050a). Are these original spec tyres? Also, I've Found the same but rated to 88v, or some are run flats, some non run flats etc. Just need pointing in the...
  5. C

Rear brakes Getting Hot!!!

No bother. But by sounds of it, straight after and both calipers are getting that hot I'd be inclined to sway towards cable or sticking pads in caliper.
  6. C

Well ideally I slacken the handbrake off, change pads then adjust cable to suit. Unless they've put pads in and the adjustment was perfect already (which I doubt). It could be a few things mate but without looking at it it's a bit hard to pin point exactly. If calipers and cables are fine, I'd...
  7. C

Ahh right. If its both suddenly after changing it could even be mis-adjustment of the handbrake cable. Has it got any better after bedding pads in or are they still red hot? The pads are sticking to the disc for some reason, either calipers sticking or cable hanging on. With both wheels in the...
  8. C

Sounds like a sticky caliper still. Or pads could be sticking in clips. I've had it before where I've had to sand the tops of the pads to fit snug into the clips so they can still slide. Take it back to garage for them to have a look mate. The ratchet in the caliper for the handbrake mech might...
  9. C

Help with choice of oil

Hello again, it's that time of the year to book my ep3 into the stealers again. I need a bit advice.... I have always used Titan/silkolene 5w40 oil in the civic and I highly recommend it. However, it's booked in this weekend and I always supply my own oil. However opie oils currently have...
  10. C

45k service?

Thanks a lot mate. Thankgod, as I'm sure their expensive as hell from the stealers.
  11. C

45k service?

Is it always by mileage or years? I've had a flick through my history and I can't see them ever being changed?
  12. C

45k service?

Cheers for that mate. How often are the spark plug changes?
  13. C

45k service?

Just wondering if anyone can shed any light in what's needed/recommended for my late 04 ep3 type R. It has just under 45k and it's always been to Honda for service. Before I call them up again as its due next month, can anyone give me a heads up as to what's needed. Bearing in mind my last...
  14. C

ep3 wheel bearings

Either spin the wheel mate. It will grumble if completely worn. Or put a hand on top and bottom of tyre and check for movement/play
  15. C

Lights dim when using wipers/windows/demister/steering

Earthing kit might help yes. More than likely it will happen to most cars. Had a lot of people bring cars in for this 'fault' before. After testing etc we have on many occasions put it down to load on the alternator/battery. If your lights etc are all on and alternator is giving power to all...
Back