• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Recent content by Cracksta

1. Cracksta

Ep3 whining noise! *With VID*

Looking at your post date with no replies and this is still not resolved I would suggest to take the car to a garage who can look into it. TGM or TDI are a good shout.
  2. Cracksta

Tinted Headlights front and rear.

is this not a film you put over? last time I read up on this, people saying stockings work just as well LOL look good though but are they legal?
  3. Cracksta

Oil leak at rear of engine (with photos)?

The oil residue looks like its been there for a bit, have you noticed if its dripped on the floor? it could be left over from an oil change, spilt oil from above etc. I'd worry if its dripped on the floor but if its hasn't, then clean it up and recheck after a few days.
  4. Cracksta

Best exhaust setup keeping standard back box.... Not too loud!??

The EP3 is already a finely tuned car, get FRSU, good tyres, some breather mods and a Kpro or K100. I keep hearing how better the powerband is after a re-map. I wouldn't chase bhp though you can bolt on a supercharger which will give you a nice boost in performance.
  5. Cracksta

Am I just being thick...?

Even if the plate is recognised, they either wont quote you or give you a silly sky high quote! For imports, best to ring up the brokers and they can give you a proper price
  6. Cracksta

So I bought the halfords car polisher and here we are . . .

Is this the Halfords polisher that just vibrates? I have the DAS polisher and its great for getting swirls and scratches out, seems the halfords one worked for you however i'd like to see it under a lightgun. Yes I have OCD on detailing lol looks good though, think its can be every more deeper...
  7. Cracksta

Air-Con - Another re-gas or fault?

Kiwk fit use to check for leaks before re-gassing or was it they re-gas it and if it leaks they'll let you know and stop the work. No charge if it leaks I recall but check first!
  8. Cracksta

Skunk2 Gear knobs cheap on eBay!

tbh skunk2 is just a weighted gearknob, if that replica is just as heavy then its practically doing the same thing. The original looks better but doubt the fake will snap under load anyway, that thick metal aint that crap is it? lol PS: I have an authentic one which i paid under £20 3 years ago...
  9. Cracksta

How dirty was my air filter !!??

The oil dries up? Dont drench it. Used mine for over 3 years with no problem
  10. Cracksta

How dirty was my air filter !!??

Perhaps a K&N filter next time? think i paid £40 + £10 for the cleaning it, been using it for over 3 years with no problems. Don't know about gains but the cleaning kit i estimate it will do 6+ cleans, saving you money in the long run
  11. Cracksta

How to Check EPS

i felt the exact same, seems to be the norm, make sure your battery is in good condition and give it a good charge. Headlights will dim if you have normal bulbs, same when a/c and windows being used, you'll only notice this when parking up. Doesnt happen often for me but i have an earthing kit...
  12. Cracksta

do you lose that lovely vtec feeling with kpro / k100

I remember seeing a stock rolling road graph, it shows just before vtec, theres a slight pause or little torque before it shoots up to redline. So thats probably whats causing the 'vtec just kicked-in yo!' feeling :)
  13. Cracksta

Anyone? Can tune these amplifiers?

you could tune these yourself, have you done the others such as sound deaden your car, correct gauge leads, car battery etc? Theres a few guide online that can get you started, rule thumb is, your gain switch is not a volume control! :D
  14. Cracksta

best ways to keep the MPG up?

one thing to keep in mind is what roads you are driving too, if its motorway miles you'll get the highest mpg compared to city. do 60/65 instead of 70 is probably the only advise i can give on motorway, other than that as stated, drive like miss Daisy! Oh and forget the super unleaded unless...
  15. Cracksta

Under £50 interior/ exterior mods

cant remember how much they cost now but go for a shortshifter. Much better improvement than a skunk2 (i have both).
Back