• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

do you lose that lovely vtec feeling with kpro / k100

Before I get my k100 and all my mods fitted, mapped etc., I want to know if you lose the vtec bang.... I've been watching youtube videos of them and don't seem too much faster than standard! im sure they are though guys. At the minute when vtec kicks in you really hear the bang , is very loud, I have a s2000 intake plus you noticeably feel it, even if k100 / kpro makes it faster it evens the power out so guessing the vtec isnt as strong and as loud when it kicks in?

On the other hand, you have launch control, vtec kicks in lower
And also revs higher.

Would just like to hear what your guys thoughts are who have had it done....

No pooing on this post . I just like vtec alot and dont want to lose the feeling of it all for a extra 35_40bhp unless is really worth it.

Cheers in advance

I'm sure someone will correct me if I am wrong but the VTEC "feeling" or the "kick" is premapped by Honda so that there is a noticable feeling of urgency in VTEC. AFAIK the K100/Kpro does get rid of this slight drop in power before the cam change however there is much more torque and power accross the whole rev range. I can't wait to get mine done, hopfully some time this year.

I remember seeing a stock rolling road graph, it shows just before vtec, theres a slight pause or little torque before it shoots up to redline. So thats probably whats causing the 'vtec just kicked-in yo!' feeling :)

Yeah you'll lose the Honda VTEC marketing gimmick kick, but as above you'll gain more useable power across the range.

KPro kicked in y0.

As above, you will lose the surge of power when Vtec kicks in, but what you will gain is more usable power mid-range where you need it and better power delivery through the whole rev range.

Back