• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Recent content by DannyCosmicEP3

1. D

VTEC Problem

Hi Guys, An Update for whoever is interested. After changing the Knock Sensor, Cam Position Sensor, VTC Solenoid, VTC Gasket, VTEC Solenoid, VTEC Solenoid Gasket, Fuel Pump, Fuel Filter and Oil Pressure Switch. I even bought a K100 because I thought the ECU was finished. It turns out that my...
  2. D

VTEC Problem

Hi, Whoops I can't believe I missed that. That was stupid. Just ordered the correct one ahahaha. Cheers guys
  3. D

VTEC Problem

Hi Guys, Knock sensor and Cam sensor have both been ordered. Hopefully this sorts my issue otherwise I have no clue. https://www.tegiwaimports.com/genuine-honda-knock-sensor-civic-type-r-ep3-k20a2.html...
  4. D

VTEC Problem

Hi, Ok cheers mate, thanks for taking the time out to have a look really appreciate it.
  5. D

VTEC Problem

Hi mate Thanks for the insight. Where abouts is the cam sensor positioned? I think the knock sensor is under the Intake Manifold if I'm not mistaken. I think it's around £100 per sensor which is going to be fun. Thanks again
  6. D

VTEC Problem

Hi guys, Little bit of an update on the situation. Car has had a new fuel pump and new fuel filter fitted. Still no luck. Maybe TPS sensor? I'm not to sure now. Here's a video of the car while driving trying to do a gear 2 pull lol. Foot to the floor...
  7. D

VTEC Problem

Hi, Yes and the car is showing no codes
  8. D

VTEC Problem

Hi Guys, Fuel filter was delivered today. I fit it and still having the same problem. Car engages VTEC but will not go above 6k Revs. Think I'm going to replace the fuel pump next and see what happens. Then perhaps the TPS sensor as suggested above Any other suggestions? Thanks
  9. D

VTEC Problem

Hi guys, This link below is a recording I took of a gear 1 and 2 pull monitoring the Long Term Fuel Trim and Short Term Fuel Trim. You will also be able to see how the car does not pull past 6-7k revs. Just something I did while waiting for the fuel filter to be delivered Hopefully this...
  10. D

VTEC Problem

I've only checked the injectors by checking the resistances across the injectors and they are all within tolerances. Injectors haven't been changed yet. I was thinking if the injectors were faulty it would throw up an eml code for a misfire but I'm not to sure. I was going to leave the...
  11. D

VTEC Problem

Cheers Chris I'll get one booked in. I'm also going to change the fuel filter, it was last done at 75k so I'm thinking it could be blocked. The car works perfectly before it goes into VTEC there's no issues before 5.5k I was also thinking maybe it could be the pump fuel pump it self? But I'm...
  12. D

VTEC Problem

Not had a compression test done just yet. Oil level is on max, and doesn't use an abnormal amount of oil.
  13. D

VTEC Problem

Hi guys, I'm having a problem with my car which I thought you may be able to give some insight on. When the car goes past 5.5K revs there is a noticeable change in engine sound but the car literally does not pull at all. You can feel a noticeable kick for when it changes to High Cam but It...
Back