• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Recent content by Dave Morris

1. D

FK8 FK8 Track Rod end replacement rubber boots.

Hopefully this will help anyone that had the same advisory or MOT fail that I had on my second MOT. I was advised my track rod end rubber boots would need replacing as they were starting to perish. I searched online under FK8 and couldn’t find any apart from brand new track rod ends. I tumbled...
  2. D

FL5 New Civic Type R

What a joke, nearly double the price of my Fk8. Glad I decided to keep the mine.
  3. D

FK8 CarPlay Dongle.

I think mines brilliant. I don’t like trailing leads in the car and this ticks all the boxes. There is a slight delay when selecting anything but I can live with that. The only thing I’m reluctant to do is update it. I’ve heard rumours that quite often if you download updates a lot of the time...
  4. D

FL5 New Civic Type R

I’m glad I got my FK8 when I did. 35k was maxing my budget 3 years ago. There is no way I could stretch to 40k let alone 45k. The FK8,s a keeper for me.
  5. D

FL5 New Civic Type R

Hopefully they will but unfortunately it will be fitted with the new speed limiting software. Although we’re meant to be able to turn it off it won’t be long before you cant. Another reason for keeping the FK8. That’s not Hondas issue though, that’s the EU directive that we’ve followed.
  6. D

FL5 New Civic Type R

I won’t be buying one at £40,000. This discussion was had when dealers were marking up the FK8 when production stopped, the Type R isn’t a 40k car. Also currently will put it into higher tax brackets if mark up pushes it above. I’ll be keeping the FK8
  7. D

FK2 Clutch valve delay removal

I said it’s meant to help with grind issues so that’s why people do it. Didn’t say it worked. Some people claim it does They may have success because again I believe the clutch needs to be bled afterwards hence eliminating any air they may have had in the system which is why they may be getting...
  8. D

As far as Im aware it’s the same issue that some of the FK8,s have and that’s 1st to 2nd gear grind
  9. D

It’s meant to help with 2nd gear grind issues. It apparently causes a delay in the clutch pedal travel if you literally dump the clutch to help prevent against the damage clutch dumping can do. As far as I know it’s located in the clutch slave cylinder. A few people have removed them and said it...
  10. D

FK8 New FK8 owners Q&A - everything you want to know and dare to ask here

Definitely push the start button twice without putting your foot on the clutch. I normally wait a couple of secs in between pushes
  11. D

FK8 Keyless entry not working

I would imagine if your looking at batteries then it’s probably the car one. When my remote batteries were on their way out I kep getting a warning on the dash but keyless entry worked fine.
  12. D

FK2 E10 Fuel launch in September

So this is quite amusing in my handbook. It states for 2.0l engines without rear fog light research octane number 95 or higher. For 2.0 l engines with a fog light use petrol up to E10, research octane number 95 or higher. So if you turn the fog light on it must alter the engine mapping to allow...
  13. D

FK8 Noisy stones stuck behind the discs

Are you running the factory conti’s. I switched to Goodyear tyres last year and I haven’t had the problem since. I think its caused by the amount of stones the sticky conti’s pick up.
  14. D

FK8 General FK8 (10th Gen) CTR Release chat

Type R did better on this review
  15. D

FK8 Fuel pump recall

My dealer wanted the car with no more than 10 miles range left if I could. Think it had 12 left if I remember. Dropped it off first thing in the morning and it was ready at the end of the day.
Back