• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Recent content by davyludo

1. D

rattle from Suspension

Mine was the same. Noticed it ever so slightly just after I got the car, then over time it got progressively worse. Got it looked at a couple of times and was told either nothing was wrong or it was my top mount (both on different occasions). Was doing some reading on the net and found a guy...
  2. D

rattle from Suspension

If it's a metallic rattle then I'd check the heat shield around the exhaust. Mine was loose and used to rattle. Also, I had a knocking coming from the front passengers suspension, which happened when I went over speed bumps or pot holes. Just changed the front drop links last weekend and this...
  3. D

Some downloadable manuals if there of any use

I've just gone to download them....but you've made me sceptical :-p
  4. D

Problem with EP3 headlights

No worries. Chances are, if you're measuring nothing across the bulb connector, then there is a wire that's come loose somewhere. Continuity testing will be the easiest way to find the problem if it's wiring. Good luck!
  5. D

Problem with EP3 headlights

I've had problems with my headlights too...but not exactly the same as you. Anyway, first thing I would try is testing the continuity/connection to earth/ground. If you check that one of the wires is connected to the negative terminal of your battery (use the setting with the picture of a diode...
  6. D

headlight fault - help!

I'll probably get a set of the Osram NightBreakers then and give that a shot (don't think I've tried Osram bulbs yet but noticed quite a few people on here use them). If they blow then I'll start digging deeper....just don't have the time just now to debug the problem and work out what's wrong...
  7. D

headlight fault - help!

I've only ever changed the dipped beam bulbs (never side lights at same time). I checked all other bulbs today and found that one of my rear number plate bulbs has gone....have no idea how long that's been gone for though. Yup, checked all fuses and they're all ok. I managed to get a copy of a...
  8. D

headlight fault - help!

Hi all, new to the forum...well joined ages ago but never posted. Anyway I'm having similar problems with my 55 plate going through headlight bulbs. I've had it for a few years and never changed a bulb and then in the last few months I've gone through 3 sets?!?! I've tried various brands and...
Back