• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Problem with EP3 headlights

My passenger side headlight or hi beam isn't working at all just side lights.

I have the facelift headlights in my pre facelift so checked all the wiring and the relay and fuses its all fine so went back to the h4 plug tested it with a multi meter and no voltage at all so I stripped the wire a little bit and it was getting like 0.05 voltage so any ideas what this could be and how to fix it? the drivers side works fine.

Could it be a bad earth?

I've had problems with my headlights too...but not exactly the same as you.

Anyway, first thing I would try is testing the continuity/connection to earth/ground. If you check that one of the wires is connected to the negative terminal of your battery (use the setting with the picture of a diode on your multimeter). Then do the same between the positive terminal of the bulb connector and the relevant fuse to prove that your + terminal is connected.

Have you already checked this?

I checked it but I didn't check the continuity or earth as I didn't really know how to i knew about testing the voltage that was it, but i will get that checked out see what it comes back with.

cheers

No worries. Chances are, if you're measuring nothing across the bulb connector, then there is a wire that's come loose somewhere. Continuity testing will be the easiest way to find the problem if it's wiring.

Good luck!

Booked it in at Honda today told them the problem. They wanted £39 to check it I said fine then 2 min later comes back saying naw it will be an hours labour £75 so I said just do it then he comes back and says you going to leave it I said no I will wait as its a good bit away from where I stay. he said aw its going to be about 3 hours before we can check it.

Bit of a joke specially when I told them exactly what it was if am booked in am booked in for then not 3 hours down the line anyway so am booked in again on Thursday but someone else is going to look at it tonight.

Frying my nut lol.

Back