• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Recent content by Detic1961

1. Detic1961

FK8 New FK8 owners Q&A - everything you want to know and dare to ask here

Did both of ours last month and no issues whatsoever. Worked straight away.
  2. Detic1961

FK8 General FK8 (10th Gen) CTR Release chat

Hmmm. I paid £33,500 a couple of years ago and now it's going up to £35,320 Given the current situation I'm not sure it's the right thing to do. Most people right now are probably looking for prices to go down rather than up.
  3. Detic1961

EP3 Windscreen delaminating

I noticed my one doing the same thing last week.
  4. Detic1961

EP3 I might be about to go mad and get an FK8...

We've had our FK8 over 2 years now. It's a fantastic car all round. Only thing that lets it down is the POS infotainment system .... but that's been discussed to death now. Apart from that there's absolutely nothing I can complain about. And that's unusual for me :) Hope you enjoy the new motor.
  5. Detic1961

EP3 Tyre Trouble & Jacks

£500 for the set .... that's nuts!
  6. Detic1961

EP3 I might be about to go mad and get an FK8...

Good choice, you'll love it.
  7. Detic1961

What did you do to your Type R today?

Pretty sure we're around £250 a year. Was £180 until I hit a barrier in a car park. Even with protected NCD it gets whacked up a bit.
  8. Detic1961

EP3 Wee friend for the FK8

Collected this one on Tuesday as my day to day commuting car (since the wife won't give me the Civic) :) 180bhp, Koni dampers, Brembo brakes, Monza valved exhaust system and Sabelt bucket seats. Not quite the FK8 but it makes a hell of a lot more noise.
  9. Detic1961

EP3 Metallic L plates won't stick to the bonnet boot on the FK8

My learner car was a Maestro and was truly horrible. Swapped instruuctor and the new one had a Sunny 1.4 and it was so much better to drive.
  10. Detic1961

It's actually my son. He was supposed to get his test in March but it got cancelled on the day just when Covid kicked in. His next one isn't until November so he's been driving the FK8 at weekends and he absolutely loves it. He's a brilliant driver so we have no issues at all. It's less than £7...
  11. Detic1961

Been taking my 17 year old out in the FK8 quite a bit as he's waiting for his test and noticed that metallic L plates won't stick to the bonnet or boot. They work on the roof and sides, so what is the difference. Are these sections not made of metal?
  12. Detic1961

FK8 Fuel pump recall

We got a call from the dealer yesterday. Booked in for 2nd November as it's the first date they can collect the car from home. Told to leave as little fuel as possible.
  13. Detic1961

FK8 Stones. Again!

I've had this a few times but a good bang on the shield with a long screw driver seems to sort it.
  14. Detic1961

FK8 Second service tomorrow .... should anything need replaced?

Dealer was a bit better this time. They sent a video showing the brakes and tyres. Pads both front and rear are about 40% worn so OK. They tried to do me on tyres again, they found a cut on one of the rear tyres that is through to the cord apparently, but it's tiny. They were looking for £502...
  15. Detic1961

FK8 Second service tomorrow .... should anything need replaced?

It worked perfectly well until about 6 weeks ago. Makes a screeching noise when turned on now and no cold air.
Back