• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Recent content by dragonflyjade

1. dragonflyjade

Goodridge or HEL? FN2

I fitted HEL lines on my EP3 and had the outer casing split (ever so) after two years. Sorted under warranty with no issues direct from HEL.
  2. dragonflyjade

Whining/Knocking only on lift off

Engine mounts may be starting to perish. The front one is prone to go first.
  3. dragonflyjade

Cosmic Grey EP3 Honda Machine - Project minty mint OEM

Epistle - excellent word. A lot of love going into the car. Well done for getting so far!
  4. dragonflyjade

Upgrades........Aftermath

Nice one d13lc. Pop the lagging on and drive the car for a week. If the lagging has worn through then you do not have enough clearance between the two components. Are your springs lower? If so, you may have a trouble when turning the car and the ARB naturally moves. I not sure if the OEM back...
  5. dragonflyjade

Upgrades........Aftermath

The rattle is most likely the exhaust knocking against the rear ARB. The ARB shifts as the car rolls in the turn and knocks against the vibrating exhaust. Some heatproof sponge taped around the ARB should sort this. Actually, have a closer look whilst the car is on the ground. If your springs...
  6. dragonflyjade

Odd noise when Pulling off or at biting point?

It is the clutch release bearing. Mine was noisy on cold starts - usually in the morning - for the past six years. Never affected gear changes and the car was happy as it was. A Honda OEM clutch (three piece kit) can be had for £150 and fitted for the same again at a local indy garage.
  7. dragonflyjade

To what extent would dodgy engine mounts affect handling??

Gear shift sharpened up; with respect to the engagement across the box. I've also had the clutch replaced recently and this has helped tremendously. The engine has picked up in speed and feels sprightly again. My main concern is that you may be putting the ES inserts into mounts that are...
  8. dragonflyjade

bonnet vent front

NACA duct?
  9. dragonflyjade

To what extent would dodgy engine mounts affect handling??

If your mounts are shots, why bother putting ES inserts in? Just replace all the mounts? I've had Avid Racing mounts for a year (apart from the front which is new OEM) and the car is a lot happier. Standing starts and gear changes were the main improvement. Be prepared for aftermarket mounts...
  10. dragonflyjade

Mugen, MF10s and JDM Mods - Now on Car !!

There is money in old Mugen metal. Interesting. Got to give kwright some credit in digging up an old thread and waiting in hope. :lol:
  11. dragonflyjade

EP3 Type R Gear Knob Brought Back To Life

Cheers Suits... I'll link to CTRO too. ;)
  12. dragonflyjade

EP3 Type R Gear Knob Brought Back To Life

Que 'my knob is cold in the winter/needs socks on it' gags. ;) Very good result there. I have not seen a refurb' back to a matt finish yet. I guess it is a factory applied coating. The Spoon Ti gearknob is handy too. The weight saving gains from fitting it are laughable.
  13. dragonflyjade

is this a genuine Honda clutch kit

Genuine. I had the same kit two weeks ago. Watch out for clutch plate dust falling out when you remove the bell-housing. There is no access hole to let the dust out over time so it builds up. Get plenty of rags and a face-mask together.
  14. dragonflyjade

Brakeparts.co.uk pads any good?

Any of the guys in the Traders section plus Honda dealers on eBay.
  15. dragonflyjade

EP3 Metallic rattle noise at 2k rpm when under hard load

Update. I had my clutch changed today. The bell-housing and release bearing were full of plate dust so cleaned out. The clutch plate centre was that lovely blue-gold colour of heated metal. I can only assume that dust had built up over time and the release bearing was not moving properly...
Back