• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Recent content by Dshogg

1. D

FK8 Washer Jet Failure

I am on at least my fourth replacement washer jet. I believe that the problem does lie with the ball within the jet. The latest is lasting. I have adopted the policy of using the waters daily whether required or not as a last resort. I used to clean the screen with Fast Glass regularly, so the...
  2. D

FK8 Polished Metal Paintwork

Has anybody found a particular wax that they think brings out the best in the above colour? Cheers
  3. D

FK8 Washer Jet Failure

I believe that the guy who works on my car has been down that route. He thinks it's a design fault. For what it's worth I am going to contact Honda UK.
  4. D

FK8 Washer Jet Failure

I am just about to replace my fourth washer jet in four and a half years of ownership. To answer the questions on failure. The power of the fluid diminishes to a point that won't even reach the screen. Anybody else had problems?
  5. D

FK8 Bonnet Paintwork

I have noticed that I am losing paint from the leading edge of my bonnet. I appreciate that the paint there will be fairly thin, but I have not experienced this on any other car I have owned. Cheers
  6. D

FK8 New Tyre Tread Depth

It's good to know that it's not just me. I have just picked mine up from my local garage who have repaired it for fifteen pounds.
  7. D

FK8 New Tyre Tread Depth

Thanks for the reply, that makes me feel a bit easier. I also seem to pick up screws and nails quite easily. I guess this is probably due to the soft compound? Has anybody else had similar problems. If so have you gone down the repair route or just replaced? Thanks. Dave
  8. D

FK8 New Tyre Tread Depth

I have just had 2 new Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tyres fitted to the front a couple of days ago. I measured the tread depth today and found that they are at 7.0 mm with slight less at the inner. Is this normal, I thought that they came with around 8mm as new. Cheers
  9. D

FK8 Battery Charging

Many thanks for this. I will be getting hold of a Ctek charger. I thought that this might be the way to go, but your replies have removed any nagging doubts. Cheers Dave
  10. D

FK8 Battery Charging

I would like to charge the car battery at home. Could anybody advise me if I need to disconnect the battery? What problems might I encounter on reconnection if I do need to disconnect? Thanks Dave
  11. D

FK8 Washer Jet Failure

I had my washer jets replaced under warranty about a year ago, and I now find that the drivers side jet is on the point of failure again. Has anybody else experienced problems? Cheers Dave 2017 FK8 Polished Metal
  12. D

FK8 Possible new fk8

It was £550 for the four wheels. I think it was £75 per wheel to reinstate the red rim, they were effectively painting twice. Cheers
  13. D

FK8 Possible new fk8

I have had all four of my alloys refurbished and kept the red rim. It can be done, just costs a bit more. A superb job from Demon Wheels in Preston. Cheers
  14. D

EP3 FK8 Inbound

Hi Dan, I contacted Adrian Flux via email regarding insurance for my FK8, but didn't get a response. I had previously used them for a 911, so was a bit surprised.
  15. D

EP3 Tyre Trouble & Jacks

Fingers crossed, I have worn them out before I have picked up damaging road debris, this is the first. It could get expensive, agreed, but when it comes to tyres and brakes...
Back