• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Recent content by e46m3c

1. E

FN2 Noobie Buyers Advise

ok. What mass range are we currently expecting to find the higgs boson?
  2. E

FN2 Noobie Buyers Advise

3. E

FN2 Noobie Buyers Advise

One more. how do you turn off the seatbelt bong? Get in car, start car, put seatbelt on, drive off. Causes rather annoying bonging....
  4. E

FN2 Type R 2 year 25k Service

Spoke to Ascot Honda who are the same company basically. And they immediatly identified with what i was requesting and said £250. which is what i was expecting from reading (but got a mouthful instead.) However i also spoke to TGM, they seem most knowledeble and so im happy for them to do the...
  5. E

TGM in fleet it is then.
  6. E

Well. I just had a rather unpleasent exchange with the service department at honda Reading. Their attitude was absolutly appauling. Needless to say we walked out and will not be using them. Ever. Yesterday my GF was quoted £360 quid for a 2nd year inspection. Car only has 14k on it. i thought...
  7. E

FN2 Noobie Buyers Advise

Hi Loxy, Couple more questions. The car is on 14k, and is due a service. GF took it into honda and they want 360 quid. This seems very far out. I rekon it only needs oil and brake fluid (40quid). Am i right? 57 reg. What they heck will they do for 400 quid? My major service on my m3 only cost...
  8. E

FN2 Noobie Buyers Advise

No worries then. What oil do they take? any fully synth 5w40?
  9. E

FN2 Noobie Buyers Advise

Found a rear cracker, as new condition for a great price. pick it up on Sat. One LAST question i swear. Is the ipod cable retrofitable? And recommend any places in Berkshire for service? Ascot honda perhaps? Reading?
  10. E

FN2 Noobie Buyers Advise

Yes the car has been stood for around 4 months with old fuel in it. Just thought i would check with you guys. This one isnt for us (been mistreated and not full SH despite being advertised as such), onto the next!
  11. E

FN2 Noobie Buyers Advise

Hi Chaps, Test drove one today and it was doing 4k rpm at 80 mph in 6th (on a private road ofc), is this normal. seems quite high? Was only getting around 32 mpg at 80, and around 15.6 mpg for the rest of the test drive. Sound about right? Seems a bit thirsty?
  12. E

FN2 Noobie Buyers Advise

Excellent. Thanks
  13. E

FN2 Noobie Buyers Advise

Furthermore. How ofted are the clearences actually out. My M3 needs them checking with the service history, but in reality they rarely need doing. And certainly not every 2 years. Is the type R more suseptible? Also im assuming not doing them will just mean a slight loss of power/economy rather...
  14. E

FN2 Noobie Buyers Advise

Should valve clearences be specifically mentioned in the service sheets which come with the history of the car? Would you avoid a car thats not been done at 32k, or just ensure it gets done / haggle point?
  15. E

FN2 Noobie Buyers Advise

Ahh yes just found another thread of yours with this info. Thanks! Am i right in thinking only honda should be doing the valve clearences. i.e. refuse the dealer if he offers to get his own mechs to do it. Small 2nd hand car dealership?
Back