• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Recent content by evertonmarc

1. E

Selling up EP3, couple of questions....

Drives fine, dont have any issues with gears (not missed or crunched a gear once since i've had it), the problem, is when you slow down, say your in 2nd gear - there's a fairly loud kind of metalic gravelly noise coming from the drivetrain. As soon as you pop it out of gear, it stops making...
  2. E

That'll be me mate! :)
  3. E

Ahhh cheers Dotty, would be much appreciated if you've got a few spare minutes. When's the best time for you? PM me if you want and we can organise a meet up. thanks for all the replys guys Marc
  4. E

thing is, it's just the noise - i have no problem changing gears, cold or when the car is warmed up. I'll take a look and see if there are any local civic places as you suggest (i'm in Basingstoke, Hampshire). If not, think i'll drop the price and add the comments to the advert. I know some...
  5. E

We checked the driveshaft heatshield and it was solid, wasn't rubbing on anything, so we discounted it. Warranty company said he could take the gearbox out, but if it wasn't "broken" they wouldn't pay a penny.
  6. E

hi guys, *Warning wall of text incoming* been thinking of swapping my EP3 for a diesel for a while now, change of jobs (and recent marriage!) are the main culprits.... Now the problem i have, is the car has developed this sligh metalic grinding noise, via the drivetrain (it stops if you...
  7. E

very Slight Grinding Noise

Cheers Marxx. Mine's also going in later this week now, although i'll keep an eye on Shane's progress!
  8. E

Transmission noise whilst engine braking

yeah but how many people would buy a car (espcially a performance one) if there's a nasty noise coming from what sounds like the gearbox..... I mean if your selling your Type-R, you can't just say "well all the guys at the Type-R forum think its ok"..... Fed up with car's, nothing but...
  9. E

Transmission noise whilst engine braking

same problem here, makes a horrible noise when slowing down in 2nd or 3rd. Can't believe Honda wont help. The car didn't do it when i bought it a couple of months ago - what happens if i ever decide to sell up? It'll drop the price of the car dramatically i would have guessed?
  10. E

Hopefully new owner

Probably paid over the odds for it, but it was £9000 (years warranty/mot/tax).
  11. E

Tramlining?

Right, not had my mate (ex race driver/mechanic) look at the car yet but i told him about the pulling, and that there were over 10 pages on our forum relating to the same issue. Now, this may be nothing, but he asked if the car had electric/electronic power steering. Apparently he's had the...
  12. E

Tramlining?

Well i got a mate thats an ex race driver, and owns his own garage now, might get him to have a look at it and see what he thinks. Will let you all know if i get any feedback
  13. E

Tramlining?

got a garage down the road that does 4 wheel alignment, not sure wether to go and let them have a butchers. Got a years warranty on the car, so will get my mate to check out the steering rack (if thats possible?)
  14. E

Tramlining?

hi guys, Loving the EP3 Type-R i picked up just before xmas, fantastic car. One thing i've noticed though, and i dont know if its just me or if there is anything wrong.... The car does like to twitch a little, and i dont just mean under "heavy throttle". I can be cruising along at 40 and it'll...
  15. E

Hopefully new owner

Car has now been delivered! Not gonna risk driving it till the snow goes though. Raining quite hard now, hope it don't ice over night.....!
Back