• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Recent content by fk2fred

1. F

EP3 EP3 gear advise

2. F

FK2 Fk2 Workshop Manual

Hi Marc, Haynes Auto fix/diagnostic 2015/16 Honda Civic Type r . Just looked online.
  3. F

FK2 Fk2 Workshop Manual

HI Marc 4242, No I didn't. But since I have been told that you can buy them online. however i decided not to progress to get one . I'm not in a position to do any work myself being a young 71 years young and have Got a really good mechanic who if I need anything doing I can rely on. The fk2...
  4. F

FK2 Fk2 &Fk8 Ron Value

Hi marc4242, initially I was involved in the thread re the intro of E10 and was not sure myself , but a few months on I did establish that you can use E10 as it is rated at 95 Ron. The fk2 handbook clearly states that the k20cl engine in the 2015/16 fk2 is tuned to run on 95 Ron or higher...
  5. F

FK2 The 100k mile FK2!

Really glad to hear you got the problem sorted. But it's I suppose typical that you can't just buy the bushes. Maybe a good marketing opportunity for someone to have such bushes manufactured and sell them to owners of the fk2 as it's mileage approaches the 100000 mark. Regards Fred.
  6. F

Passengers side window not working after stripping ep3

No your not stupid, anyone can overlook things like that. Sometimes even the simplest of things get overlooked, just now and again it helps to have someone else's input. Glad you got it sorted and I'm pleased it worked. Regards Fred.
  7. F

Passengers side window not working after stripping ep3

Have you checked the childproof switch that stops the windows from working from the drivers control switch.? From what you're saying It would point to something that controls both passenger windows. As it's affecting both. Hope this is it. Regards Fred.
  8. F

FK2 The 100k mile FK2!

I think every fk2 owner should read this as this is really good news and testament to Honda the car reliability and it's engine. It also shows that Honda have got it bang on when it comes to having no carbon build up on the inlet valves as it's an issue with other makes of car. I hope you get...
  9. F

FK2 The 100k mile FK2!

Hi, I've just read your posting and having only 26000 miles in my fk2 I can't offer any advice on coilovers and I don't know of any fk2 owner that has changed to them. New shock absorbers come in at around £600 a corner, however I'm sure you will know that they are active and are...
  10. F

2015 Type R - hard starting issues

Glad to be of help. I've never driven a car as fast and it outhandles many other performance cars. That's down to the excellent mechanical limited slip differential on the front and of course the chassis. Up to 2500 rpm the VTEC is on and when reaching 2500 the turbo takes over up to 4500 rpm...
  11. F

Hi Dave, following on from my last comment, the 2015 Honda civic type R fk2 is designed to run on 95 Ron petrol which is currently E10. Which has 10% ethanol 90% petrol . I have continued to put in E5 which is 95% petrol and 5% ethanol. ethanol gives less energy than petrol so that's why I...
  12. F

Hi Dave, There is a fuel filter on the 2015 Honda civic type R otherwise referred to the honda civic fk2. It's an internal fuel filter it's code is p2 . It is located under the Central console the plastic part incorporating the armrest and goes over the handbrake. That is taken off and then...
  13. F

FK2 FK2 Wheel Spacers

Spacers on a fk2? What are you thinking a big no no. Ball joints and wheel bearings will be shot in no time, the laws of the lever come into play here. Honda have designed the suspension set up based on the wheel bearings and ball joints based on the current load and 8.5j wheels as well...
  14. F

FK8 Washer Jet Failure

Hi , I'm not sure but is the fk8 washer jets the same as the fk2 /9th gen Civic. My wife had her civic in for service last week and her nozzles both had problems with the jets, which were greatly reduced. So I ordered 2 new ones from Cox Honda. So when my wife picked her car up. The mechanic...
  15. F

FK2 Tyres Continental sport contact 7 Or Michelin Pilot Sport 4 S 235/35/R19/91Y /XL

Thank you for the reply and information. Regards Fred.
Back