• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Recent content by frogy28

1. F

What oil would you use? An old question i know!

Yeah that's what he said it burns quicker 0w-30 but recommended 5w-30 is the best. So you think 5w-40 Castrol edge is the best ? I'm doing a service on my car soon as just gone past 75k mikes. New engine and gear oil. Air filter. Pollen filter and spark plugs. Honda charge over £500 for this I...
  2. F

What oil would you use? An old question i know!

Honda mechanic said Castrol Edge 0w-30 if ragging the car a lot or for track days. 5w-30 if driving normally and ragging it now and then. It does make sense to me, but people are saying 5w-40 which is even thicker... Im guessing its peoples personal preference what they think is better but...
  3. F

window regulator

Thanks for your reply. I had no idea they had different ones but I did ask if its for the drivers side 04 plate and he said yes and tested it. Was selling loads of ep3 parts so I'm hoping it will work. Might be worth testing it before I put it in
  4. F

window regulator

Is it rivereted on!? I'm about to change the regulator on my 04 plate. Is it easy!? Thanks in advance
  5. F

Common Civic Faults

I have fault with my window regulator. The cable is mangled and is making a crunching sound, so not touching the window until I get parts now. I have taken the door card off. Can I just take the window out and unbolt the regulator and slide it out? Or is it riverted on? Any help is appreciated...
  6. F

Window regulator/motor replacement? Help

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wUAPns0uvtI The video above shows the issue with cable on my regulator, best to just get a new cable? Or regulator? I'm guessing the best way to get the regulator off is take window out then unbolt and slide it out?
  7. F

Your tyre reviews

What psi are you meant to have your tyres at ? CTR ep3 Thanks
  8. F

best engine oil

Thanks for your reply. I have just topped it up with 0w-30 and doing a service on it soon so I'll put 5w-40 in when I put new filter on.
  9. F

best engine oil

Does it matter if you put a different oil in ? As i dont know what oil they put in when serviced it, not had the car long. I have been told by Honda dealership that 5-30 castrol edge is the best if you drive the car normally and rag it now and then but if using it for track days then 0-30 is the...
  10. F

V POWER NITRO

Worth using if its good for your engine, and it is. I always put V-Power in so wouldn't notice any difference in power.
Back