• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Recent content by giger

1. giger

2007 CW FD2 - Update 22/01/12 Wheels and Grill Pg 12

Is that a OEM brace running across the back? Awesome. Always heard it was there but never seen it before.
  2. giger

My CW FD2

Nice, some expensive mods there as well. You've missed one though - mudflaps :p
  3. giger

CH1 Pistonheads SOTW - never thought I'd see the day

Anyone else read this over on PistonHeads? http://www.pistonheads.com/news/default.asp?storyId=23540 I'm genuinely amazed!
  4. giger

RAF Marham trackday - anyone going? NOW cancelled

Now cancelled due to operation requirements at Marham :(
  5. giger

RAF Marham trackday - anyone going? NOW cancelled

As above, next RAF Marham trackday is planned for next month. Does anyone from here attend these events? If so it would be good to swap some boost action for some VTEC action :cool: Members of certain car clubs are invited to this so hopefully if you are a PistonHeads or ATR.org member you...
  6. giger

New pressure washer recommendations

Sorted. Just ordered a replacement gun (with 6m of hose) for the bargain price of £24 from these guys: http://www.cleanstore.co.uk/ The price for some of their kit is very good!
  7. giger

bump time. Poor weather and family life has meant that I haven't cleaned my car since this post - seems it's been 2 months! Got the Karcher out yesterday and the problem seems to be with the lance hand gun. It now leaks water from the trigger causing the motor to cut out (the original problem)...
  8. giger

Cheers Rossy, would be good to get it fixed as it is a good bit of kit. Metal cast, very few plastic parts other than outer casing. Let me have another go with it this week and see if I can figure out what is wrong. Where is he based? Been looking at the nilfisk ones on Amazon - very cheap...
  9. giger

Anyone? Just to add my old Karcher had a 2000w induction motor which is probably why it lasted so long and performed so well!
  10. giger

My trusty Karcher 570 gave up the ghost this weekend after 7 years of use. Great bit of kit that has served me well but now I need a replacement. From a quick google it seems many of the newer Karchers aren't built as well and don't last as long so I'm tempted to try something else. Looking to...
  11. giger

Snowfoam and wash mitts

Cheers but unfortunately they don't do snow foam, shame cause I want some clay to so would have been good for 3 for 2! Right, snow foam is sorted then - on to the wash mitts. As mentioned I like my schmitt, the design means that in theory it is almost impossible to put swirlies on your paint...
  12. giger

Snowfoam and wash mitts

It's taken 2 years to get through 5 litres of snow foam (!) and now the time has come to purchase some more. So the question is has the stuff changed since I last bought it? My last lot came from auto rae-chem who seemed to get on the snow foam band wagon first. These days everyone does it so...
  13. giger

FD2 My mini review of the FD2 - update 10th June 2012

It's named after his name, not the area (which I think is Lichfield and not Litchfield anyway). Confused me first time around as well.
  14. giger

Think Litchfields might be a bit further than 90 mins, it's in Tewkesbury, Gloucestershire (not far from Cheltenham). Ian Litchfield though is very sound. He's a very knowledgeable guy and pretty down to earth. He'll happily talk cars with you all day long. There was certainly no pressure when I...
  15. giger

Nice write up dotty, kinda makes me miss mine. The car is awesome on track, I took mine to RAF Marham twice, first time around the car was only 5 months old. It inspires so much confidence at speed and you know exactly what it is doing 100% off the time. It was actually quite comical at just how...
Back