• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

My CW FD2

Was looking to sell my FN2 but had no idea what to buy next, after looking at a few cars ive decided on the FD2. I found a great car on the owners forum.
Had to drive over to NI to pick the car up but didnt mind too much as I got to look forward to the drive through North Wales when I arrived back to the UK.

Mod list looks a little like this
Braided brake hoses
Uprated fluid
Black wrapped roof to match the rear wing
Black wrapped grill
GM intake box
Toda exhaust
Toda exhaust manifold
Extra security
Carbon rad cover
J's front brace
Rear window tints

Ive ordered some JDM plates for the car, they should arrive in a day or two so can get around to fitting them. The wheels are also going to be getting a new lick of paint in the very near future. Cant decide either going to keep them CW or go black

The car produced 257bhp at Powerstation in Tewkesbury. But the sound puts a smile on my face everytime you hit Vtec. The Toda exhaust sounds gorgeous and the GM just roars when you change gear. :twisted:

Anyway here are some pics hope you like.

img0338n.jpg

img0357vf.jpg

img0358i.jpg

img0360ct.jpg

img0364z.jpg

img0370h.jpg

img0365r.jpg

img0371e.jpg

img0372s.jpg

Brilliant stuff, I have the same set up on my fd2, Toda header and full system with Gruppe M..

Sounds absolutely incredible !

I know your enjoying the FD2 as they are that dam good ;)

Brilliant stuff, I have the same set up on my fd2, Toda header and full system with Gruppe M..

Sounds absolutely incredible !

I know your enjoying the FD2 as they are that dam good ;)

I didnt think a car could sound like that.... The sound always puts a huge smile on my face but its not too loud when going for a drive to the shops.

The FD2 is fantastic and havnt missed my FN2 for one second yet.

Nice, some expensive mods there as well. You've missed one though - mudflaps :p

I know I keep meaning to take them off.... haha

Yeah Allen thats the one. Was a great drive back from NI to Dublin then back through North Wales... mmmm VTec

I was wondering when you would make if over here to post up.

Good work on getting the FD2 bud. Much better than that TT. :smt023

257bhp? Is that with a remap or standard? Flashpro?

I'm assuming the Toda manifold is a decat as well, so thinking it's remapped.

I know I keep meaning to take them off.... haha

Keep hold of them until I follow suit, I'm partial to some good flaps.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was wondering when you would make if over here to post up.

Good work on getting the FD2 bud. Much better than that TT. :smt023

257bhp? Is that with a remap or standard? Flashpro?

I'm assuming the Toda manifold is a decat as well, so thinking it's remapped.

Keep hold of them until I follow suit, I'm partial to some good flaps.

Yeah it is a decat..... But no flashpro. When I brought the car it had the Dastek Unichip. This is the description of it on their Website.
"
Unichip is a state of the art piggy-back ECU (Engine Control Unit), designed to optimise the tuning of your petrol car in harmony with your existing ECU. Because every UNICHIP is live tuned to your vehicle, you can be sure you're geting the very most out of your car and any modifications you've made to it.
When a car comes from the factory, it's ECU is set up with very cautious settings from the manufacturer, designed to take account of a wide variation in engineering tolerances, driving conditions and environmental factors. To fine tune each engine off the production line would take more time money and resources than makes sense for the manufacturer.
This is where the UNICHIP comes in. Using the up-to-the-minute tuning facilities of the UNICHIP we can guarantee to give you 100% of your engine's performance 100% of the time. What's more, using our unique modular design UNICHIP can control just about any performance modification you can think of, including Turbochargers, superchargers, nitrous injection, water injection, propane injection, launch control, full throttle gearchanges and much more. "

This will be coming off the car dont worry. Just havnt had time to get it removed yet. Then replace it with the Flashpro and get a tune. Likely to be done by TDI North. I did read on the FD2 forum there were a few issues with flashpro with the FD but 99% of it went over my head. I would hope though that with the Flashpro and a full tune the car will gain a few more horses. Wold be very happy to see the number touch 260 but I doubt very much that the mods I have could get it up that high.

This will be coming off the car dont worry. Just havnt had time to get it removed yet. Then replace it with the Flashpro and get a tune. Likely to be done by TDI North. I did read on the FD2 forum there were a few issues with flashpro with the FD but 99% of it went over my head. I would hope though that with the Flashpro and a full tune the car will gain a few more horses. Wold be very happy to see the number touch 260 but I doubt very much that the mods I have could get it up that high.

I chortled when I read that! :lol:

Issue with the Flashpro is that the engine starts detecting knocks that aren't there. A bit like what was happening to Ash_Rage's car. He said that was down to a beta version of the software that it was originally mapped on.

Knock sensors in the engine listen for detonation in the engine. Detonation is when the fuel is ignited at the wrong time at the end of the compression stroke (4 stroke, suck, squeeze, bang, blow). Detonation is an engine killer as the temperatures generated can be huge over normal operating temperatures. If the ECU detects knock, it pulls the ignition timing, known as knock retard, to protect the engine so it is important that the engine can still detect it. For example if you put 95 Ron in, you will get more knock.

From what had been posted on that thread, it sounds like Paul has a work-around on reducing the false knock retard.

Last edited by a moderator:
Awww I see...

Suck squeeze bang blow.... Though you were going off topic there for a second.

Will have to give Paul a quick call or PM and see what prices he can do. I sold my Flashpro with my FN2 wish I hadnt now. This will mean it will be my 3rd Flashpro I have had to buy.

Still looking at Mods but apart from Flashpro I cant really see what I have to do. I dont like the Mugen rear wing for the car. I do like the front splitter so that will be on the car but apart from that I think the major mods have already been done. Guess I can go for cams but the upgrade requires engine out and really cant be bothered to hassel around with that now.

May go buy myself a quad bike to stop me looking for mods on the FD2

Realy nice. Know the car from FD2 Owners.
I love the Password JDM carbon fiber cooling plate

You want to sell it :)

Cheers buddy, Really happy with the car. Although the mrs is not to keen on it but she has her micra so....

The cooling plate?? No lol. Really like the cooling plate too. Really sets off the bay I think.

UPDATE!!

So picked up the car today from my bodyshop. The car went in for a wheel colour change and this is how it came out looking like.

The colour is gorgeous up close and this pic from my phone really does the car no justice at all. Some proper pics will be uplaoded soon.

photohrk.jpg

Back