• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Recent content by Hoops16

1. H

FD2 or CL7.....Which one?

Having managed to get over to my grandads on the weekend, had a nose around his civic hybrid and I was pleasantly surprised at how spacious it was inside. Putting the drivers seat in my position (back as far as possible and lowered as much as possible) there was actually more room for passengers...
  2. H

I'm still waiting my account to be activated on fd2-owners. I have signed up but I haven't had a confirmation email yet.
  3. H

I've been looking on auction sites for FD2 and what I'm finding is the price in UK once landed and prepped goes up by a few thousand. Which ever car I do get eventually will probably be a personal import. Has anyone had any dealings with import companies? I've had a range of quotes from...
  4. H

I know what people are saying about the prices of FD2's and I do kind of agree. Like people have said already, I need to find an FD2 and a CL7 close by and test them both before I can say for definite that this is the car I'm going to go for.
  5. H

I don't think the Evo comes into the equation any more because of the above reasons. Also now my commute everyday might have just come down to 2 maybe 3 miles a day at a push so the FD2 comes racing back into the mix as it would now be mainly a weekend toy!!! :D and to be honest, even though the...
  6. H

I think the most sensible choice would be the Euro R for me and the more I look at it the more the car grows on me, it's a very understated street sleeper that I'm guessing will surprise a few owners of upmarket european saloon cars. Just want to know what the best why of unlocking more power...
  7. H

I did have a quick look online before for insurance for the Evo and I was being quoted nearly £1500 a year for an annual payment and I know it's a completely different car to my trusty Mondeo estate but I just can't justify spending between £10000 to £15000 on a car and then an extra £1100 extra...
  8. H

The other thing that puts me off the Evo Wagon is the service intervals and costs. Don't get me wrong to start with the Evo was the winner in the quest for my next car but after reading further into it I was put off a bit, plus insurance wise it's alot more costly. Plus I love the sound of a...
  9. H

I can see what you might mean about the suspension on the FD2, I imagine it would similar to the Clio RS200 on cup chassis that I had. That euro r does look nice, only problem would be it's in Glaagow and I'm about 20 miles south of Birmingham. What sort of mods would be needed to get the...
  10. H

I've seen Torque-GT have got an FD2 for £13,600 at the moment and a Euro R for just under £8000 I think but every time I look at both the cars I always lean towards the FD2, there's just something about. Just been reading through your thread on your blue pearl one, looks a lovely car. Has...
  11. H

I'm getting the feeling from this that the CL7 would be the more practical choice if choosing with head, or as Loxy has just mentioned (thanks for the help) camming up a UK spec Accord. But perhaps if choosing with heart the FD2 for a proper Type R car more for weekend fun and a commute on my...
  12. H

My only other concern is space inside for passengers if I'm driving as I'm 6'4". I know it might sound a bit odd but my grandad owns the Civic Hybrid (same shape as Type R FD2) would the space be exactly the same or do the Type R seats take up less/more room when pushed fully back? I don't...
  13. H

That is the only thing that makes me think about the Euro R but I don't want to be in the position where I buy the cheaper car but after 6/12 months wish I'd spend a bit more on the FD2 for more fun factor. Does anyone have an FD2 as a daily family car?
  14. H

I have narrowed my car choices down to these two models having considered Evo 9 Wagon, Scoobie Forester STi or Nissan Stagea 260RS. The reason for my two Honda choices (FD2 Type R or CL7 Euro R) are the fact both are NA's so no turbo worries, better service intervals, reliabilty and looks. I am...
Back