• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Recent content by Hoydonk

1. Hoydonk

Ep3 possible timing chain or tensioner fault

I'd say if your trying this yourself It's hard work! Trying to undo the bottom pulley is a nightmare and snapped a 24" powerbar! First off I'd check timing as Lottie's post above but the pictures dont show that the chain also has coloured links (blueish) which also align. This should show if...
  2. Hoydonk

Timing chain needs replacing

Bought the chain and had the work done both at Stuart Graham. But that was separately, as at first I was going to fit myself. Also price was also quoted before holdcroft took over, hence why you might be seeing a big hike in price :(
  3. Hoydonk

Alpine IDA X 305 Purchased

Well after 6 months of ownership I'm still having issues with the settings of this headunit:eek: Managed to get the sound right:D colour to red:D etc etc But for some reason the tracks seem to list alphabetical not in track order:( can someone help out this simpleton:confused:
  4. Hoydonk

Rain X - Anti Fog

Already have AC but never have it turned on and think the gases need replacing TBH. But just thought as rain X itself is such a great product:) there anti fog might be aswell :(
  5. Hoydonk

Rain X - Anti Fog

Considering we are starting to get cold weather the CTR is fogging up again:mad: So after looking in halfords last week I noticed Before I make a purchase has anyone used this:confused: and is it any good:confused: Thanks
  6. Hoydonk

Cant seem to find the link but do have it saved on my home PC Anyway I will descirbe what I recall for now Align the 2 marks on the 2 pulleys as shown (eg 3 and 9 o'clock) and also the different coloured chain links with the arrow and dot (there are 3 different coloured links) You...
  7. Hoydonk

That's what happen to mine aswell, ran well for a day but EML light always came back on. What's happened is the chains jumped a few teeth and there is a very easy way to check which you can do yourself. Take off the cam cover and rotate the chain and check the marks on chain and pulleys match...
  8. Hoydonk

Had mine fitted at Honda (Crewe) and was surprised with the price :) £260. Did supply the chain and Toda tensioner myself ;) so all in about £500. Did have a link to a website which showed a DIY fix but for the life of me I couldn't undo the bottom pulley :( Broke an easy bar at the...
  9. Hoydonk

Chain Tensioner

"chain slap":eek: didn't hear anything on mine it was just running like a bag of nails:( so took it for a re-tune at TDi North and thats where it was noticed.
  10. Hoydonk

Chain Tensioner

Well after my chain jumped about 3 teeth and need to be replaced/repositioned I thought it best to investigate the cause. After reading various items it appeared the Honda tensioner and low oil levels were the weak link. Hence looking for a uprated version and buying a Toda as this was the...
  11. Hoydonk

Meguiars Scratch X

I've tried scratch X and thought it was utter sh*te! wouldnt waste my money again :( I since gone onto black hole and thought the results were outstanding for swirls and small scratches :D
  12. Hoydonk

Chain Tensioner

Hi I'm running a Toda tensioner and have been for about a year no problems. Didn't make the choice as didn't know they did a skunk version.
  13. Hoydonk

Timing chain!!

£915 :eek: I had mine replaced by Honda sometime last year and the total came to about £500. Was going to do the job myself so bought the chain (est) £120 and a Toda chain tensioner (£130) and then after not being able to release the bottom pulley :( I took the bend over position and rang...
  14. Hoydonk

New nighthawk EP3

Your choice of alloy colour looks almost identical to mine :eek::D I'd get your calipers painted red as below ;)
  15. Hoydonk

My Pre-facelift NHB

Thanks must admit didnt like them at all until I fitted the H's:rolleyes: Even had them up in the swap section:eek:
Back