• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Timing chain!!

75k service today. Fault light showing crank position sensor. Advised chain is stretched needing replaced. Quoted 915 lol. What was he thinking, aye go ahead book her in. Idiot

Will it harm engine if this is not sorted until next week. Getting it sorted at dealers 65 miles away but need to get the greys first. Quoted 325 parts and labour

£915 :eek:

I had mine replaced by Honda sometime last year and the total came to about £500.

Was going to do the job myself so bought the chain (est) £120 and a Toda chain tensioner (£130) and then after not being able to release the bottom pulley :( I took the bend over position and rang Honda for a quote! turned out to be about £260 to fit my parts:D:D:D

So guessing by the price your having the guides replaced aswell:confused: or if not your getting stung.

Update

Phoned this morning to book car in. Turns out it going to cost 500. Parts guy only priced for chain and labour. Need tensioner and probably an oil change. Not sure if I will change the oil yet. Had a full service yesterday :(

Back