• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Recent content by mike.h

1. mike.h

Rear top-mounts

Thanks Hazz. Guess I'll be trying to find them at the best price I can. Other than just phoning round the dealerships (Lings, Cox, local etc.) do you have any suggestions?
  2. mike.h

Rear top-mounts

Hi all. I'm currently rebuilding the rear suspension on my EP3 (arches, suspension, bushings, etc.) and was wondering if anyone had particular feelings on top-mount replacements for the rear. Are third-parties any good, are there names to go for in particular (and names to avoid), do I just...
  3. mike.h

Does modifying the engine make much of a difference?

I figure you've had a browse around already, but if not, consider handling first, performance later. Performance is a bottomless pit, you can always throw more money into the hole to extract smaller and smaller gains. If yours is a UK market EP3 then it could probably do with improvement to its...
  4. mike.h

Engine Startup Misfire?

190 compared to 215 is a 12% drop, that seems significant. If it were single digit percentages I might not be worried but that feels like a big number.
  5. mike.h

my type r premier edition

That's quite tidy. Do you have any pictures of what it was like before it went on (mostly so I can see how the cut/install of the scoop would fit compared to the butchery that goes on with the OEM one)?
  6. mike.h

Mike's Cosmic EP3

Replacing ABS sensors... grrr! A tip for anyone who's seen their ABS light come on, and worked out which sensor it is (I did so by borrowing a very expensive OBD2 reader with ABS functionality): Working out the causes of ABS failure is harder than it should be. I was lucky that I have a...
  7. mike.h

Cone filter induction kit idea

The box is generally what has a significant effect on sound, have you considered the Hondata airbox mod instead if you're after more induction noise but want things to look the same?
  8. mike.h

Brake Rebuild

I've always found these guys good on an exchange basis - https://www.brakesint.co.uk/
  9. mike.h

FK8 Brake swaying/wobble

Some of the A-roads leading west into Aberystwyth are quite pleasant (actually a fair bit around that part makes for fun drives)
  10. mike.h

Shocks to suit eibach pro kit on my ep3

B6 are built for lowering. If the drop is 15mm it's probably of little value.
  11. mike.h

Recent EP3 purchase

Sure there are, you're just not in a low enough gear :D
  12. mike.h

folding mirrors

I use my mirrors as guides for how close I can get to the door frame and walls of my garage so that I'll have enough room to open the door and get out of the car. If I folded them I'd have issues :)
  13. mike.h

EP3 Battery

The more fun part is how many people buy with the terminals the wrong way around (+ve at top right instead of top left) which means people rotate the battery and have the terminals uncomfortably close to various bits and pieces and a risk of fire.
  14. mike.h

Jdm kph to mph conversion

You'd need to either: Get a km/h->mph electronic adapter which sits behind the instrument cluster and adjusts the ~1.6x pulses to 1 pulse Replace the gearbox cog for the sensor and the cluster so that the pulses from the box come out as miles and the dash is in miles In my opinion the latter...
  15. mike.h

4-2-1

Backpressure and scavenging are a big thing with NA engines. I think changing the exhaust manifold (and/or decat) without mapping on a K20 is generally a bad idea as it can cause the engine to run lean.
Back