• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Recent content by Oregato

1. Oregato

Smoking when starting???

if its white smoke, you've nothing to worry about, but if its black.. its another story..
  2. Oregato

Sorted :)

Thanks for the help Griffin, Well, what a day, what a relief. So after my call of help during the week, a very kind darquinn off the itr-dc5 forum arranged to meet up with me so that I could compare my car to another dc5. Met up with him this morning, top bloke - very sound and dead on. His...
  3. Oregato

Hi Griffin, I'm not sure if it could be an engine sensor, which ones should I get checked?? There is no engine management light or any other light that lights up on the dashboard so I don't think it is ecu related :( The car still pulls very strong, just like the first day I got it, but it...
  4. Oregato

Hi guys, I'm not a regular poster on here, but would be greatful if someone could shed some light on a problem I am having. Basically, I noticed last month that I when I was accelerating, the car would become a bit jumpy or or kangarooy. Now basically, if I was in 3rd gear at around 3,000 rpm...
  5. Oregato

Strange noise

thanks for the help lads, but i think at this stage, its more down to my driving style than the car, i think i'm just holding the car at too high a gear for the car, being in a lower gear means higher up in the revs and no noise. but i'll get my mechanic to look over the rest of the heatsheilds...
  6. Oregato

Strange noise

Hi Nick, thanks very much for the guide, my mechanic removed this today, but the noise is still there :( as i said, it only happens when the car is under 2k revs, car pulls strong and have had no problems with gearbox or anything with the car at all. any other ideas? is it normal and i'm just...
  7. Oregato

My CW DC5

Thanks for the comments lads I've no idea what it is mate, its been up on the ramps and we couldnt figure out what make it is at all, theres no marks or stamps on it. It does sound nice though, not like a cheap tin can sound, but is very silent when driving normal (what i like) and a bit...
  8. Oregato

FN2 Wind deflectors

With my old car (Nissan pulsar) all the owners used to buy off an ebayer called jandj automotive. I got a set off him in the past and they come highly recommended, only thing is I don't know if they make them for the ctr
  9. Oregato

My CW DC5

Well, picked this up a few days ago, alarm put into it straight away, totally standard bar an exhaust. Has the C pack on it. Pulls very strong and is very clean and tidy (I'll be keeping it that way) Anyway.. Heres a few pics. Let me know what you's think.
  10. Oregato

Strange noise

Thanks for the reply Nick, would it be an easy job to remove it myself? Also, would there be any problems with leaving the heatshield off?
  11. Oregato

Strange noise

Hey guys, have been lerking on the forum for a while now, but have recently bought a DC5. is a great car and goes very well, however there is just something that has been bothering me. When I'm driving, if the revs are below 2k rpm, there is a strange noise coming from the front. seems to...
Back