• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Recent content by Panjy

1. P

Where to get your wheels refurbished

As above, got mine done at Matrim in Weston Super mare, they did a really nice job. Quite a long way from you though.
  2. P

FK2 FK2 general discussion

Got to say i don't really like the styling, think it looks too quirky for me & the best bits from the concept have been lost. And as others have said there are too many other decent hot hatches out there for the same money. Hopefully the performance (real, not claimed) will make up for it.
  3. P

I've been on track with quite a few Mk2 Focus Rs's in my Ep3 & have found them to be every bit as fast as my car in the corners & noticably quicker down the straights. You are right about power to weight being important but as all modern cars are also getting ever more powerful as they increase...
  4. P

2005 Silver EP3 - 233bhp

Looks good, welcome to the fold. How are you finding the Meisters on road & track?
  5. P

Fuel economy/miles to a tank...?

I get around 300 miles to a tank most of the time, my general driving is on 60 mph country lanes to work with some town driving. As you would expect i got significantly less when i did a few track days earlier in the year, but it was worth it :)
  6. P

Where to get your wheels refurbished

Just picked mine up from Matrim cosmetics in Weston Supermare. All four wheels were curbed so they had to do a proper refurb. Did a really nice job, would definately recommend them to anyone in the south west.
  7. P

Question about frsu

When i had my FRSU done at ABP the price quoted for them to modify my standard rear arms was notably less than the cost of buying the Eibach rear arms i ended up buying. Hence why i was originally going to go down that road.
  8. P

Question about frsu

The standard rear arms can be modified if your camber is within limits & you are not lowering. When i had my FRSU done at ABP they were going to do this but when they looked at the car they realised it needed the rear camber arms as well - or at least thats what they told me :)
  9. P

I guess this, and definately the Focus RS, are a bit lairy in the styling stakes. If you like subtle then the Golf R is the way to go. There is one at work & it looks tamer than the GTI. Part of me likes this for not going the conservative German styling way though, its sort of sticking two...
  10. P

Private message.. Spam/hack?

I got the same.
  11. P

best insurance for 21 year old with 3 years no claims

I know, and to be honest its easy for me to say when i have an Ep3 & am old enough for my insurance to be affordable. I just look at prices like the ones mentioned above & know there will be some serious regretting going on a few years down the line when peeps realise they could have bought a...
  12. P

best insurance for 21 year old with 3 years no claims

If you can't get better than £2k i'd seriously advise you to buy something dull, or not so dull but of a lower insurance group, and hold out for a couple of years. Spend the money you save on holidays, driving experiences, put it towards your next car - anything other than blowing it on insurance.
  13. P

Agree about the wheels. I prefer a bit more tyre & a little less wheel than this has. Looks like it has rubber bands fitted.
  14. P

Focus RS

I've always thought the same, hence why i bought my Ep3 over the clio cup i was considering. Girl at work has a Megane 250 Rs (remapped to 300bhp) though & has not had one problem with it in two years. I do like the Focus Rs's though. There was a well sorted one at Donington when i went earlier...
  15. P

Focus RS

I really like these. Out of interest, i see you've owned plenty of decent cars but don't like french cars. Have you owned a 250/265 rs megane? You'd be surprised how good they are.
Back