• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Question about frsu

Hey, ive been reading all the posts on the suspension, i wasnt going to bother swopping it because it feels class anyway but after reading it all, the springs are a possibilty, but for now when i have the tyres changed next week will they be able to appl the frsu to the car as standard or is the camber adjustable bits needed 1st? Also are the camber adjustable parts an absolute must if changing the springs? I have read alot of posts on it but getting conflicting advice. Cheers,

A FRSU needs camber arms for the rear and bolts for the front. It's best to get it done properly as it will balance the car out and make it handle better than standard, and if anyone says anything, yes there is a noticeable difference.

Lol, im sure someone will. Cool mate, thank you, i may just get the bolts and set it up with standard springs for now, see how that is, to be honest dont think i need too the cars on rails,

These the boys? Take it these are front and rear? Also the price differs hugely on ebay, some can be bought for 25 quid a pair some are 200 a pair. Whats best?

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1412873392197.png
    uploadfromtaptalk1412873392197.png
    658.5 KB · Views: 21
SPC rear camber arms and Eibach front camber bolts are the best.

Cheaper ones can and do tend to fail.

I've got Eibachs Bolts up front and M2 Arms in the rear, but I'm on a DC5 platform. The M2's came from Stevie at EightSpeed, as did the bolts. The arms are well made and do exactly what they say on the tin.

The standard rear arms can be modified if your camber is within limits & you are not lowering.
When i had my FRSU done at ABP they were going to do this but when they looked at the car they realised it needed the rear camber arms as well - or at least thats what they told me :)

They can be modified, but the cost of work would out way the benefits, you'd be vest just buying new ones, at probably half the cost, and also half the hassle.

When i had my FRSU done at ABP the price quoted for them to modify my standard rear arms was notably less than the cost of buying the Eibach rear arms i ended up buying.
Hence why i was originally going to go down that road.

I'd love to know how they can manage that. To mod the OEM arms, you would need to cut them, add in a threaded section for the camber adjustment, and put the whole lot back together. Not forgetting one section of the threaded would have to be opposite thread to allow for the adjustment, oh and also you'd need a way of locking off the arms. I've never heard of any company offering a service to modify the OEM arms, they're just not wide enough to do the work needed safely. Aftermarket arms are substantially better built the OEM ones, which are about 1/2 inch thick at the most.

Back