• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Recent content by POTN_COM

1. POTN_COM

First Type-R. Milano UK DC2.

Been a while since an update, it's been very slow going over Christmas, but I've bought these: Looking forward to getting them on, they're Pro+ series which I've heard good things about. The Magnecor leads failed after 4 weeks & returned a misfire on 2 cylinders, went back to OEM. Question...
  2. POTN_COM

Thanks, it's coming together slowly! Unfortunately, there's no broken face pictures, I took Stoo's advice and didn't take the nut fully off before loosening the wheel and getting it free from the column. Apologies for the quality, they're from my phone. I'll get some better images when I do...
  3. POTN_COM

We're based over Moulton Park Industrial Estate, not far from the University & Kingsthorpe. Thanks for the tip, I'll have to do that then, I know it's Halloween soon but I'd rather not have a mashed in nose or something! Si.
  4. POTN_COM

Didn't realize you're from Northampton Stoo. Haven't seen your car at all. Can't believe I've had the DC2 for over 2 years now, seems like 2 seconds since I started this thread. I've decided to fit the steering wheel tomorrow, I shall let you guys know if I break my face during the process and...
  5. POTN_COM

Ok so, it's been absolutely ages since I've updated this thread. There hasn't been too much movement on the car in general, however in August I got around having an AEM UEGO fitted to the Teg and Daz over at Endless Horizon mapped the car on Neptune for me. Happy with the results 3 months or so...
  6. POTN_COM

Kn induction kit

There's definitely not a straight fitting K&N Typhoon kit for an FN Civic, only an Apollo when it comes to K&N. There are AEM Intakes available (short-ram) like a Typhoon but to be honest it will only give you a loud noise in VTEC, you probably won't notice a performance increase in all honesty...
  7. POTN_COM

Car passed it's MOT :D .. 3 advisories two of which were corrosion to various brake lines so will need to get that sorted and an upper suspension ball joint. I'm planning on getting some Buddyclub camber adjusters, has anyone tried these before? Not sure if the Buddyclub or Skunk2 ones would be...
  8. POTN_COM

Went out tonight, thought the car deserved a clean as nothing new seems to have broken on me yet. Haven't used the SLR since before fitting the coilovers so was pretty fun. MOT in 3 weeks, fingers crossed this year everything is ok! Simon
  9. POTN_COM

DC2 Inner Arches Revealed - Rust Within - Help :/

Fingers crossed, I'm sure I'll end up letting you guys know how I get on anyway. Rear light gaskets arrived this morning so at least it will be the end of having a lake in the back of the car and I can put my interior back in. Going slightly deaf from the exhaust now!
  10. POTN_COM

That's a good price to be honest, for the safe fact of knowing during your ownership it shouldn't ever come back! I'll run about for some quotes shortly.
  11. POTN_COM

Haha! The paint on the outside is flawless, no signs whatsoever. Unfortunately, I'm not that kinda guy. Plus I have a it's "my car" feeling towards it. I'm far more inclined to save a grand and have it sorted properly, I know I'd end up buying a DC2 again so why sell this, spend money buying...
  12. POTN_COM

Cheers bud, I did take a look at that this morning which was quite helpful. Ordered myself the rust treatment kit I linked so for summer I'll be ok and I can save up to have it all cut out and replaced. There's a bodyshop quite local which is doing Joe Clifford's (Banzai) EF and did the other...
  13. POTN_COM

Cheers guys, I did look at the Deox bottles which looked good. They seem to be top of the list at the moment. Just after a decent product to delay the rust as much as possible, atleast the roads won't be too bad whilst I'm saving over summer. Fingers crossed I can get it in over the winter...
  14. POTN_COM

Hi guys, I know this isn't a primarily DC2 website but just wondering what you guys have used when treating rust? As you see by the pictures it's the typical UKDM DC2 inner arch rust (not come through at all on outers) and I'm looking to delay the process for about 9 months whilst I save to...
  15. POTN_COM

Been a while since I've done an update, probably the most boring of boring updates. The car has turned into a complete reservoir, rear light seals like most Tegs have gone so I can now go for lengths in my wheel well (still cleaner than our local swimming pool). Ordering some from Hendy once...
Back