• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Recent content by r19122

1. R

FN2 Aftermarket sunroof

Hehe. Point taken. Its a shame, though. Looks wicked!
  2. R

FN2 Aftermarket sunroof

Hi guys I don't know about the rest of the world, but over here in South Africa we don't have a factory fitted sunroof on the FN2 as one of the options. I have seen a red FN2 with one fitted (mine is NightHawkBlack) that looks absolutely amazing. We have a few reputable aftermarket...
  3. R

FN2 Injen cold air induction kit (part# eca1578)

Hi guys Are any of you aware of any companies/websites that would be able to ship this product to Cape Town, South Africa? I've mailed a few euro-only sites to ask whether they could assist, but they aren't getting back to me. All the international tuning sites I found that readily ship to...
  4. R

FN2 Maximum speed

Thanks for the vid, Loxy! Top post. I've come to the conclusion that she's probably still loosening up. I recently got wheelspin for the first time when changing to third (VSA still on!), so I believe this to be the case. By the way I went to see Top Gear Live in Cape Town today. Motor...
  5. R

FN2 Maximum speed

hi thanks for the input. i'm basically @ sea level, so it might be the running in. fyi 1.0 mph = 1.6 kph
  6. R

FN2 Maximum speed

Hi guys My FN2 has about 7500km on and I seem to be maxing out at different speeds everytime. Fastest she's been is 224kph on the speedo, but most of the time she's picking up slowly from about 205kph and stops accelerating anywhere between 214 and 218kph. Is this normal? She's completely...
  7. R

FN2 Scraped Windscreen

Hehe! I'll seriously consider the advice, guys, thanks! This raises the question: Can you engage VTec in reverse??
  8. R

FN2 MPG

Hi guys Re my previous post I just found a decent converter on the web: 8.7/l/100km = 32.4 mpg 14l/100km = 20.1 mpg
  9. R

FN2 MPG

Hi guys I'm from South Africa, so we use L/100Km as a measure of fuel consumption. On highway/open road driving the best I've gotten in my FN2 Type R was 8.7 l/100km and in town it is sometimes around the 14 l/100km mark. Generally I average just over 12 l/100km with primarily town driving...
  10. R

Scraped windscreen

Hi Everyone I really wish we had self service filling stations in South Africa like you guys had in the UK. Petrol jockeys cause more damage than the value of the damn service! For instance, after washing my new NHB baby after two weeks of ownership I realized that during on of my two visits...
  11. R

FN2 Scraped Windscreen

Hi Everyone I really wish we had self service filling stations in South Africa like you guys had in the UK. Petrol jockeys cause more damage than the value of the damn service! For instance, after washing my new NHB baby after two weeks of ownership I realized that during on of my two visits...
  12. R

FN2 Any chance of a facelift on the FN2 Type R?

Great! What's the plan on replacement. I know the lifespan on a car is about 5 years. So 2012?
  13. R

FN2 Any chance of a facelift on the FN2 Type R?

:confused: Hi Guys Has there been any news on the possibility of a facelift on the FN2 Type R? In South Africa we've had a facelift on the normal range but not the Type R. That would really suck, as mine is but a month old.
  14. R

Two bucket wash method

Hey MilanoChris I'm not sure I follow?
  15. R

Two bucket wash method

You've got me sold! I'll be investing in this sytem this afternoon. My baby is NHB, so this is all very relevant. Top post!
Back