• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 Maximum speed

Hi guys

My FN2 has about 7500km on and I seem to be maxing out at different speeds everytime. Fastest she's been is 224kph on the speedo, but most of the time she's picking up slowly from about 205kph and stops accelerating anywhere between 214 and 218kph. Is this normal?

She's completely stock and I drive her quite hard. Could running in still be an issue, because I've pushed quite a bit and believe she should be run in? Also, being in sunny South Africa, how big a difference does the aircon make?

Any thoughts? From what I hear and read she should be doing 240kph+ on the speedo.

Cheers

How high above sea level are you? The Higher the altitude the less HP. I remember a guy from South Africa mentioning this on the forum.

I'm thinking towards a combination of factors here; VTEC engines don't begin to give their best until more like 15-20k kms on the clock, and if you're up on the Highveld it's going to sap the power...the cars always feel a bit gutless compared to the UK when I'm out visiting relatives in Pretoria.

Mine struggles right in the top range depending on weather and road conditions, how much fuel is in the car, passengers, blah de blah.
Usually there seems to be a struggle from 200-210, and then its a steady climb to 240.
Chickened out at 246kmh!

Autobahn FTW!

hi

thanks for the input. i'm basically @ sea level, so it might be the running in.

fyi 1.0 mph = 1.6 kph

hi

thanks for the input. i'm basically @ sea level, so it might be the running in.

fyi 1.0 mph = 1.6 kph

God bless youtube:

[video=youtube;j7JCJ6NIxt0]old link autoupdated[/video]

Description says stock. @1:04 shows 250kph is approx 155mph

Speedo will not be reading correctly at that speed but we'll assume it is the same as yours.

Thanks for the vid, Loxy! Top post.

I've come to the conclusion that she's probably still loosening up. I recently got wheelspin for the first time when changing to third (VSA still on!), so I believe this to be the case.

By the way I went to see Top Gear Live in Cape Town today. Motor theatre? AMAZING!

Thanks for the vid, Loxy! Top post.

I've come to the conclusion that she's probably still loosening up. I recently got wheelspin for the first time when changing to third (VSA still on!), so I believe this to be the case.

By the way I went to see Top Gear Live in Cape Town today. Motor theatre? AMAZING!

No problems bud, happy to help.

A few people have said about the previous Civic Type R that it got a lot better after the second service. Stick with it!

We have Top Gear live here in the UK as well. Not seen it but have heard good things!

Back