• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Recent content by redcivic47

1. R

Can't wait to get into my ep3 today + what to get next

Well I have to travel cross country soon, approx 600 miles in two days. Unfortunately I have to take the 118i 2017. Another junk of an engine, 3 cylinder 1.5 petrol turbo. (My 15yr old ep3 is better). So yeah the car states it will do 60 highs, and lows of 45mpg. Any predictions? I reckon 32mpg...
  2. R

Amazing but that has been modded heavily. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  3. R

Haha don’t tempt me, ep3 handles better but I don’t think I could get that much power to match bmw from a 2.0. On a serious note I would prefer something newer. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  4. R

How you guys finding the New Type R? I find the ep3 a bit slow as I am used to my 400bhp bmw, so been interested in the new R. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  5. R

I can see why. The 530d g30 , is an absolutely amazing car. It was powerful and did most things well. However.....there is NO MATCH between a 530d and a petrol 440i. Of course what you need the car for will make a difference to your choice. Put it this way, a 530d is great for a few days...
  6. R

Was jus reading through this thread. I ended up going for e92 335i with jb4 tune. Car is an absolute bullet, handling and drifting capabilities are fantastic. Good alternative to an M Car. The n54 335i is averaging around 18mpg in the city. This will increase to 25mpg on the long run. Yes you...
  7. R

High miler care EP3

I have done around 80,000 miles in my Type R 2002. That is over the space of 5 years. I purchased it at 80,000miles. I only ever needed recovery once - My pulley bearings got completely mashed one time, so it maybe worth changing the pulleys too if there’s any noise around the aux belt...
  8. R

Fuel economy/miles to a tank...?

Haha I only ever got that once. This was cross country, from London to Belgium - all highway - no city Only way to achieve it is to not brake, do not accelerate. Once you get to 70, jus sit still for a few hours, as long as you don’t brake or you don’t chase that dc5 or s2000 that went past...
  9. R

Fuel economy/miles to a tank...?

410 miles off one tank - any one beaten that yet? Ep3 type r 2002. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  10. R

EP3 Need a new clutch? Recommendations? Flywheel ?

Hi guys, I can't believe I'm doing this, although I don't drive the Type R much, I can't come round to selling it. So anyway recently I have experienced some clutch issues and looking to replace it. Who makes the original? I forgot where I got the previous one from. There's all sorts of...
  11. R

I recently came across the 440i. The spec is okay for a 3.0 turbo however I was very impressed with the fuel mpg being around 55mpg. Being a petrol, I thought it was impressive to have 300+ BHP on tap with 40+ minimum mpg. But not too sure about the shape, looks nice with full m sport package...
  12. R

Passed MOT - drive shaft issue after

There's only one garage involved. Also when they took the drive shaft off they didn't add clip to tighten cv boot so there is grease literally everywhere. My bonnet stand was in the boot, still don't know why it was taken off completely. Things like this really annoy me when u pay approx £400...
  13. R

Passed MOT - drive shaft issue after

Hi guys, need some advice. The ep3 was due MOT. They took the car in, and gave me a estimate of £470 for two front arms fitted + couple of bulbs. Two arms cost me £145 but I went ahead as i have busy week at work so we agreed on £410. As I was picking up the car out of garage he was...
  14. R

Personal experience with 2.0 diesel is that you have to drive at 50 rather than 70 to get excellent Mpg. Whereas a bigger engine seems to roll more effortlessly. I jus did a 110 mile trip on the ep3, it was awful handling due to heavy rain and gave me 26mpg. Now in that scenario any diesel would...
  15. R

So I had to do some long distance driving so I took my 2016 golf tdi 2.0 auto for 4 days. Day 1 : 55mpg Day 2 : 42mpg Day 3 : 35mpg Day 4 : 29.2mpg So in total I did 300 miles and it finished on 29.2mpg. I'm very dissapointed what a load of rubbish. I'd rather drive the ep3 like I done a bank...
Back