• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Recent content by Rob-EP3

1. R

Ep3 Burning smell

Genuine Honda
  2. R

Ep3 Burning smell

It was a OEM clutch kit that was used
  3. R

Ep3 Burning smell

No. I got over 70k miles on the original clutch with my driving style, so surprised I’m getting a potential clutch issue this early
  4. R

Ep3 Burning smell

Hi guys, After a bit of advice please... I’m getting a burning smell (clutch like) when the car is driven a bit hard but no smell whatsoever during my daily commute through town, which is very stop start. The thing is apart from the smell, I get no other symptoms, like difficulty to change...
  5. R

Is my Ep3 dead? Help needed

Thanks for the replies all. Turned out to be a the idler pulley. Bearings literally obliterated, which must have been the sound I was hearing. The burning smell was the friction of the aux belt going round on the seized pulley. New pulley and belt, back on the road! Thanks again!
  6. R

forgot to mention that bit. It doesn’t start!
  7. R

Thanks for the advice. You don’t think it’s the timing chain then?
  8. R

Hi Guys, just need some advice please… This last week I’ve noticed a whining / grinding noise coming from the aux area. Looking at some of the post and YouTube videos it appears the likely culprit is the idler pulley. I’ve order this and a PCV value too. It gets worse… On my way to work...
  9. R

EP3 EP3 Oil Leak

Silly question, but does the breather pipe pass oil through it? Good shout, I’ll give everything a good clean and report back. As long as the oil level is fine, am I safe to carrying on using the car for the next couple of weeks before I can find the fault or take to a garage?
  10. R

EP3 EP3 Oil Leak

Thanks mate
  11. R

EP3 EP3 Oil Leak

There a oil marks on the drive. I might still put some card down to check the amount its losing. In regards to the oil, I supply my own for each service and have always used Titan Race Pro S 5 / 40
  12. R

EP3 EP3 Oil Leak

Here you go mate.
  13. R

EP3 EP3 Oil Leak

I’ll try and give everything a good clean and then try and find where the source is. Failing that I will take it to a garage to find the source. My service is during next month so I’m due a new filter and oil change... Any idea what the black pipe is next to the oil filter? Seems pretty...
  14. R

EP3 EP3 Oil Leak

Hi, I have an oil leak on my EP3. I was just wondering from the photos below if anyone knew the possible culprit? Just another question, is it possible to cross-thread an oil filter? The reason I ask is after my last service I noticed straight away I had an oil leak. I took the car back to the...
  15. R

EP3 Ep3 Odometer and Rev counter bulbs

Looks good. Thanks mate, I’ll get them ordered
Back