• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Recent content by Ron240

1. R

What did you do to your Type R today?

The FK8 definitely attracts attention...which can be a good and a bad thing. I originally bought it purely because of its looks and I still think it looks amazing. The S3 is much more understated, although if pushed considerably faster off the line. It just suits my everyday driving style...
  2. R

Traded it in.
  3. R

FK8 RS3 to Type R

Yep, RS3 is an absolute beast.....it has all the performance and grip anybody could possibly need from a road car. :)
  4. R

FK8 General FK8 (10th Gen) CTR Release chat

A saloon car has a separate opening boot. ie. the rear screen stays in place when opened. :) There has been an increasing number of manufacturer specific terms which have confused things.
  5. R

FK8 Shell V-Power

I've only used V Power in my FK8 but have been noticing the price rising sharply in recent weeks. It's around 1.43 a litre here.
  6. R

Of course, my mistake. :smt053 I'm actually sitting in a 3 door right now as it happens. :D
  7. R

It is definitely a long and wide car. The physical size surprised me when I first got it....especially when reversing into my garage. As said though....and of course you know this, a hatchback is defined by an opening tailgate, also known as a 5 door car. :)
  8. R

A Nextbase special....Halfords just one of the places you can buy them. :D I use a Nextbase 412GW, also bought from Halfords funnily enough. :D Why don't you tuck the cable in along top of window then down the side behind the rubber? That's what I done....takes 5 minutes and the cable can't be...
  9. R

Don't need to remove any trim....the wire runs down the side of windscreen behind the flexible rubber then under the dash. Completely hidden from view. :)
  10. R

FK8 Finally seen another FK8

Yep, both are rare cars in most parts. I've still only seen the one FK8, and as above only a handful of FK2s....if even that.
  11. R

I've changed my mind.....it does look pretty good in that photo. :)
  12. R

That's what I expected....I was just surprised you hadn't removed the front one before taking the photo. It's a pity the Honda Design one wasn't available, I think it looks neater and a bit more discreet. :)
  13. R

Is there still a carrier film to peel off on the Honda decal? Purely my own personal opinion of course, but I don't think the Honda decal adds anything.
  14. R

Sorry you just confused me when you said "boggo civic fk8", because that could only be the non GT model. :D Yes they only do the 1.0 and 1.5 in the current petrol range with 127bhp and 180bhp respectively. Courtesy cars are usually lower powered models...but could be a 1.5. :) 1.5 engine is...
  15. R

Im pretty sure you didn't mean to write fk8 there. :) What courtesy car did you get?
Back