• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Recent content by SmegHead

1. SmegHead

EP3 2019 forced induction choices

Nah not really, the Rotrex DIY kit seems to be 3.5-5k depending on spec, TDI want 8k fitted for the basic turbo kit. Approx 6k fitted for the CPL SC is quite competitive.
  2. SmegHead

Hi, no probs at all. Agreed it's difficult to find info on it as still a rare conversion, I've not seen another in the flesh. It's an under-rated option and it's a shame not more Honda owners have gone for it, I'm sure they would having driven one. It addresses a lot of the complexity...
  3. SmegHead

I'd describe it as bloody mental. To be fair it was perfectly driveable and civilised, on an otherwise standard car other than the whine of the charger you wouldn't know it was there until booting it. My car was setup for sheer speed with little in the way of comforts, part stripped with...
  4. SmegHead

Interesting, didn't know this but haven't spoken to Guy for 6 months. I'd guess it's an evolution in design rather than revolution, mine was customer car #1 with the original - 345hp with exhaust manifold and 2.5" zorst, approx 370 with water meth and 3" pipe with conservative map, 9 pound...
  5. SmegHead

This was released late in 2017.
  6. SmegHead

Hamp shortie oil filter

For information only, I don't necessarily agree with any conclusions drawn by the publisher: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yN9uOk8LuQQ He has another video, again take it as you will: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zfjt_cRTlFI
  7. SmegHead

EP3 Ep2 rear shocks on ep3?

Fit, probably. Same, no - entire shock assembly and individual major components such as spring have different part numbers. The EP3 rears will be different to match the uprated fronts on the Type R.
  8. SmegHead

EP3 Supercharged Ep3

Depends. All of them are constantly driven, Roots type chargers like the old Jacksons sap quite a lot. Newer centris and twin-screw designs, hardly anything.
  9. SmegHead

short shifter/cables/bushes

Yeah if you don't actually need new cables you could just yet the Acuity bushes and the gearbox selection springs they also do: http://www.tegiwaimports.com/acuity-gearbox-transmission-performance-select-springs-honda-k-series.html That would save a couple of hundred.
  10. SmegHead

short shifter/cables/bushes

No. Revo works perfectly though I recommend the installer gives the ball some silicone grease and you let it bed in for a few hundred miles, initially it's a little stiff. This also works really well with uprated transmission springs, a good combo. Assuming you get the Revo you will still need...
  11. SmegHead

Do I need a BBK at this point

That vid is sheer marketing guff, any brakes including the standard setup in good order is more than capable of locking the wheels up so tyres are the limiting factor. Modulation/feel and resistance to fade are the main reasons to get a BBK, outright power is somewhat meaningless however both...
  12. SmegHead

Do I need a BBK at this point

Stoptechs are stupid money. For the price you can get K-System Brembos, and new wheels with correct width and offset to both clear the brakes with ET to get the geometry where you want it without spacers, AND decent tyres as well. ET37 works well and isnt possible using hubcentric spacers as...
  13. SmegHead

2008 front wishbone rear bush.

These look the same design as ones I've done on E36/46 Beemers and yes it slides off the wishbone, also no it won't need any pressing out/in as the part you've linked includes the bush housing (silver bit) as a single unit. Should be a bolt off bolt on job. I'd also suspect that given good...
  14. SmegHead

My FN2 service

Not that it would make much difference, the basic service tasks methods and intervals are pretty much the same.
  15. SmegHead

New tyres

Probably just too much track time & heat for them to handle if they started to disintegrate, though it's not really the target market for them. The RS-R isn't really in the same category and can be expected to deal with extended track use much better, though I wouldn't want to use them as a...
Back