• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Recent content by Soldier1357

1. Soldier1357

Automatic Headlights Always ON

Ah okay thanks! Just happens to be the only part that isn't available! lol
  2. Soldier1357

Automatic Headlights Always ON

I have an FN2 type R 2011 GT spec. The car has factory HIDs and automatic headlights. They're usually off the daytime and in the evenings (obviously) but recently they've been on all the time! Any ideas? Anyone had this before? I'm unsure as to where the light sensor is for the Headlights on...
  3. Soldier1357

FN2 Judder when depressing clutch

I haven't spoke to them because it's something the car did before the clutch change, perhaps its something I should ask them about.
  4. Soldier1357

How long does bedding in take? Iv'e done about 500 miles or so id say
  5. Soldier1357

Yeah it was a 3 piece kit, i assume that includes the release bearing? and yeah he said the original fluid was changed recently anyway and there no metal shavings in the fluid so all seemed well.
  6. Soldier1357

Hi all, This has always been a strange querk my car has had in the 5 or so months iv'e owned it, now i'm not saying it's an issue it's just a bit odd and i'm wondering if it's a sign of some other issue with the transmission. I'm aware that the FN2 does kangaroo a little when cold and i...
  7. Soldier1357

Clutch/Syncromesh issue, please help.

Hi all, just an update on the clutch and for anyone having the same issue. I had a genuine 3 piece kit installed by TGM yesterday. Although its early days and the clutch needs time to bed in I can feel the difference already. The gear changes are ridiculously smoother, i couldn't believe it...
  8. Soldier1357

FK2 - Sunday car cleaning

Unpopular opinion, FK2 looks miles better than the FK8.
  9. Soldier1357

FN2 Fn2 clutch diy

Hey read this forum https://www.civinfo.com/forum/engines-transmission-8g/121206-fn2-clutch-change-diy-experience.html Should give you info you need!
  10. Soldier1357

Steering improvements

I don't have much knowledge so i can't help you but for the other members on here it might be worth mentioning which Type R you have so they can better advise.
  11. Soldier1357

Which clutch to get

Well depending where you are in East Sussex you can't be more than 70 odd miles, i'm about 65 miles in Swindon. My dad has an 03 plate bug eye WRX which has been converted with the 2.5l STI engine and all the gubbins, runs about 400bhp now and he drives it to Lincolnshire from Swindon to have it...
  12. Soldier1357

Which clutch to get

Well iv'e never owned a car with any sort of forced induction so it's always been NA for me!
  13. Soldier1357

Which clutch to get

Nice! That certainly makes me feel better about going to them!
  14. Soldier1357

Which clutch to get

Well I'm not too sure yet, im planning on getting the exhaust changed for sure, along with possibly a HKS with heatsheild and then get it all mapped on top, it's a great car but could really use some low down mid range grunt! I'll see how things go after that, the car already has drilled and...
  15. Soldier1357

Which clutch to get

Yeah mate absolutely! The dealership offered £200 cash back to help with cost of the replacement and also offered to pay for the VAT if i have the receipt payable to the dealership. So that's a new clutch for pretty much nothing! If they do a good job i'll definately be back for more things...
Back