• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Recent content by SteBurns

1. SteBurns

A 'Vs' thread? Oh gawd...!!

...Especially as mine has been to ABP :)
  2. SteBurns

A 'Vs' thread? Oh gawd...!!

i woz myndin me own biznis wen i sor a phat Beema givin it deff so i fort i sho im... ...Only kidding. A friend of mine has purchased a rather lovely Mk5 VW Golf R32 in Deep Blue with the optional Recaros... It's really nice car, however... My friend has not shut up about how awesome it is and...
  3. SteBurns

FRSU owners, I have a question for you...

Thanks Al, I've had mine done now and totally agree with your description. The steering also feels less vague and as you say it's easier to feel the cars limits. Highly recommended modification!
  4. SteBurns

So... ABP or Grinspeed? (ABP is a LOT nearer) Much difference in the setups or quality of service?
  5. SteBurns

I still want to hear how it affects the handling...
  6. SteBurns

Thanks Tom, just what I wanted to hear... Although it's not what my wallet wanted to hear lol. I'm surprised how the springs have improved the drive, the car seems less unpredictable now and the dull steering feels improved!
  7. SteBurns

I've lowered my EP3 on Eibach Sportlines as I'm going to be using it for trackdays, with one approaching next month. I'd originally planned on getting a FRSU done at Grinspeed to enhance the handling, but it seems to handle great already! So my question is this... Is it really worth paying the...
  8. SteBurns

Eibach Pro or Sportlines?

Simple question really... I've no doubt it's been asked before at some point, but other than ride height is there much in comparison between the Pro and Sportline springs? My EP3 will be doing its second trackday soon and I'll be treating it to springs and a FRSU at Grinspeed. I'm not really...
  9. SteBurns

Quick Question... Can a standard EP3 pop flames?

Turns out I'd been listening to a load of BS, it's got a full system, decatted with a manifold. Still claimed to be 'standard' though by friends of the owner, which I still can't quite get my head around.
  10. SteBurns

Recommend a front brake disc?

Where's the best place to buy OEM discs, my local dealership? Any ideas on price? Cheers for the input it's appreciated!
  11. SteBurns

Recommend a front brake disc?

I'm already running braided hoses, uprated fluid and DS2500 pads but it's time to replace the front discs. I'm sure this question has been asked a million times but what discs do people recommend? Someone suggested Mintex but I've heard it's worth paying the extra for Brembo. I'm looking on...
  12. SteBurns

Quick Question... Can a standard EP3 pop flames?

Had a play down a dual carriageway with another EP3 and it pulled on me noticeably, and the car was frequently spitting flames. The owner claims it's standard with a back box and cone filter. I find that hard to believe.
  13. SteBurns

Baffled Sumps?

Thanks lads, I'll keep my money in the bank... For now lol.
  14. SteBurns

Baffled Sumps?

I'm running Hankook v12 EVO's, I've done plenty of trackdays before so I don't drive shy. Having said that, I've not had any problems with previous cars.
  15. SteBurns

Baffled Sumps?

I'm yet to track the EP3, but the car is now as good as it'll ever be with some new pads and fresh rubber. However, I was talking to a racing driver who uses a Type-R as his daily driver and he insisted that I purchase a baffled sump before I take my car anywhere near a circuit. Apparently, the...
Back