• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Recent content by stevenbep3

1. stevenbep3

Can't reply with quotes or upload pics.

Cheers guys. Got my pics uploaded.
  2. stevenbep3

Can't reply with quotes or upload pics.

Is there an issue with the forum. I'm unable to reply to a thread using the option to include a quote. Also, I've just put my car up for sale on here but can't upload any pics as I'm just getting a buffering icon and then my windows 10 says there is a problem. Any help appreciated.
  3. stevenbep3

EP3 Looking for an EP3.. Again!

I can't see how mileage expectancy is affected by the state of tune unless you are putting the engine under continual undue stress. Besides. Engines can be rebuilt, components replaced. There was a guy in the US who's Integra had done insanely high miles because he cared for it well. Big...
  4. stevenbep3

Mileage has nothing to do with the sale. That's just down to personal choice. An S2000 owner at my local garage has never changed his chain and his car is at 165k. He's had it seven years and services it every 4k miles. It's all down to the owners applying tlc to a car. If you are buying a car...
  5. stevenbep3

Timing chains are replaced depending on condition. Some do it for peace of mind. If a car has been well cared for during it's life, quality oil and topped up well and not ragged every time then it's fine. Loads of examples out there with chains never replaced despite 130k+ mileages. You can...
  6. stevenbep3

K100 worthy upgrade with basic mods?

Thanks. If I did go for a DC5 manifold and cat, would I need to upgrade the inlet manifold and throttle body or can I use the OEM ep3 ones?
  7. stevenbep3

Cool pic! Will get mine booked in at TDi North in the next few months.
  8. stevenbep3

Thanks again Simon. Great to know.
  9. stevenbep3

TDI North 3" Catback/track legal exhaust help

Sounds interesting. I didn't realise that was an option. Want to know more! Actually, I just found this: http://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?95238-EP3-with-DC5-upper-4-2-header-and-spoon-2-1-header
  10. stevenbep3

Thanks Simon. Have you got one of those AEM hydrolock valves fitted? I also wondered how the cold air actually gets to the filter.
  11. stevenbep3

Maybe I'll change the system to a DC sports/tdi with their cat pipe. Going to concentrate on the Timing chain job I've booked at TGM in Jan first. Getting Spooner to do me a nice rocker cover too along with a few cosmetic engine bay bits. Will have a think about things over the next 6 weeks or so.
  12. stevenbep3

If the filter sits in the wheel well behind the bumper how does the air get to it? have you removed the fog light blanking plate or something?
  13. stevenbep3

Rear brake creaking noise

When I'm coming to a stop and braking (happens at around 5-10mph) I notice a creaking sound from the rear. I know one rear caliper has been changed so I am thinking it is likely the other rear caliper at fault. The creaking sounds the same as a creaking door when its opened. Is this likely to...
  14. stevenbep3

I thought it was now impossible to avoid an emissions test? I assumed it was all hooked up to an emissions machine which uploaded the info to the government where the readings were shown. Otherwise I would just get a dc sports manifold and mate it to my existing supersprint pipe.
  15. stevenbep3

I want to Chris but the cat thing put's me off. The only option is to buy tdi's 3" system and have their inline cat in the centre section. I wonder if they can make a quiet system with twin pipe back box for the OEM look?
Back