• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Recent content by str6mik

1. S

FK8 OBD?

You were dead right! removed it and fitted the new OBD unit Didn't even know had the Honda dongle fitted - doesn't seem to do anything on my car anyways
  2. S

FK8 OBD?

Hi all, Rather stupid one I've looked through the manual (admittedly briefly) and had a look round the car and can't find the OBD port? The only thing I can find is to the right of the drivers leg - what looks like a dongle already plugged in - tempted to pull it out but didn't want to...
  3. S

FK8 Track Pads

Just a brief update on the project MU - I've not done any track days yet but on the road the stopping power is great. I mentioned it before and can confirm they have less feel than the standard pad, but that's to be expected. The one thing that isn't great is they produce significantly more...
  4. S

New member of Team red wing mirrors!

New addition to the garage to complete team red wing mirrors! DSC_0049 by mikeharper2, on Flickr DSC_0037 by mikeharper2, on Flickr DSC_0018 by mikeharper2, on Flickr
  5. S

FK8 Track Pads

Wow that is some going! Discs pads shot in 3.5k miles;)
  6. S

FK8 Track Pads

Pretty impressed with the Project mu pads for road driving. Seems there is minimal real world cold stopping performance defecit for significant overall benefit in warm stopping power. Seem slightly grabby and less progressive than the std Honda pads but all in all very happy
  7. S

FK8 General FK8 (10th Gen) CTR Release chat

That's b*llocks ;) really poor. Renault have the right attitude to 'proper use' my megane RS was regularly used on track and the dealer knew and it was encouraged. Had a lot of mods and never talked about affecting warranty. Same with GTR. Honda have the inertia of a dealer network that's...
  8. S

Suppose that's what great about opinions ! The diversity! I'd have to say I don't think the M2 is better than the Type R in any of those respects even adjusting for the price differential I think the interior on the M2 is a massive let down - it feels low rent 1 series to me. RWD - yes...
  9. S

I don't agree - I back to backed the two cars and personally preferred the Fk8. Around something like oulton I would bet the Type R would be significantly quicker too. The only area the M2 probably outscores the Fk8 is in sound - but that's surprisingly marginal. Sounds harsh but the M2...
  10. S

FK8 Wesly's ARMYTRIX Type R

Lovely car - what camera was the 3rd pic taken with?
  11. S

FK8 Track Pads

Similar! Been there done that with a Honda elise track car. I was always disappointed with it, and moved to some different cars, but you are right - there is always a compromise to be had. The Civic would muller the Elise around oulton - but then it didn't go through a set of brakes and tyres...
  12. S

FK8 Track Pads

Yes fully disabled everything for 80% of the laps. I'm currently debating between getting new wheels etc or just buying a dedicated track car
  13. S

FK8 Track Pads

Had a look at the brakes today - pads are gone, as in totally warn away. Discs are scored and won't be able to be skimmed I don't think. Still surprised after 27 laps - not even pushing massively! https://youtu.be/ZILrWig2VHc M3 is a mild track prepped car, and blue Civic is heavily...
  14. S

FK8 Track Pads

I'm currently pricing up some new wheels and tyres. I bought the Type R to be a cheap daily / track car. Getting very expensive, very quickly. I do love it though.
  15. S

FK8 Track Pads

Like I said above pressures were too low even 2.8 hot. Even then was moving around as though pressures were too high and needing low pressures. Obviously not! I think they are a hard tyre to get in the zone. Hey my excuses are good enough for f1! I’m actually a very smooth driver and not...
Back