• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 General FK8 (10th Gen) CTR Release chat

...and the fact guys it will just get lost among the sea of other bmws audis and mercs that are starting to look the same. ha.. come on guys you bought the fk8 for a reason right. to be different. ?

or am I missing something?

The m2 stands out for sure. My dash cam captured one the other day and I noticed it was an m2 a mile off.
4b645531839e44c371c79cddc4f2b5e2.jpg

If there was more rear space for my kids I would have bought M2 over FK8, dealer was crap though, superb car and quicker, it's a shame the CS doesn't get the M3/M4 seats and whilst heavy the extra tweaks I'm sure will overcome this. Looks great in orange too.

I was chatting to bmw at snetterton yesterday and they advise those seats will be an option. I would imagine they would bolt straight in to the current M2.

What's putting me off the M2 is lack of rear doors, which would mean a bump up to M3 territory

I’ve read of many owners going in to buy an m3/4 and ending up driving away in an m2. I can’t comment on that but allegedly the driver “experience” is much more rewarding in the m2.

I was only window shopping and after a drive I ended up leaving a deposit (and I drive an fk8 with Cat back and eventuri) for the discount offered it was a no brainer for me.

... especially as the deal I got meant that I have not lost anything on the fk8 I originally bought in November 17.

Is the M2C much over M2 sticker price? I'd stretch to that if you could, it will hold value much better and the reviews are great so far.

Sorry missed this.

Word on the street so far is that the current m2 with its n55 engine ‘may’ become more desirable - which remains to be seen.

They were built in relatively low numbers. I got a good deal on one , the m2c is in demand and as such no discounts/long lead times.

I know of another owner on here who had pre-ordered but then cancelled.

I have to say so far my purchasing dealer has been very good with communicating. Hopefully it will continue after the sale has gone through !

I had very slow communications with Honda with my first fk8. In some ways that experience may have been a contributing factor to my change of brand.

I love Honda though .. and who knows what the future will hold :)

...and the fact guys it will just get lost among the sea of other bmws audis and mercs that are starting to look the same. ha.. come on guys you bought the fk8 for a reason right. to be different. ?

or am I missing something?

If one of the upcoming facelifts is a sport then the fk8 isn't going to be that different on the roads, quick spoiler change and bobs your uncle

I’ve read of many owners going in to buy an m3/4 and ending up driving away in an m2. I can’t comment on that but allegedly the driver “experience” is much more rewarding in the m2.

I was only window shopping and after a drive I ended up leaving a deposit (and I drive an fk8 with Cat back and eventuri) for the discount offered it was a no brainer for me.

... especially as the deal I got meant that I have not lost anything on the fk8 I originally bought in November 17.

Did you get an CS then? If you can get the seats, what colour?

I was chatting to bmw at snetterton yesterday and they advise those seats will be an option. I would imagine they would bolt straight in to the current M2.

m4 seats bolt straight in mate. The seats in the M2c are just the m4 ones. will need coding but its any easy job , give 'evolve' a call for the coding.

Sorry missed this.

Word on the street so far is that the current m2 with its n55 engine ‘may’ become more desirable - which remains to be seen.

They were built in relatively low numbers. I got a good deal on one , the m2c is in demand and as such no discounts/long lead times.

I know of another owner on here who had pre-ordered but then cancelled.

I have to say so far my purchasing dealer has been very good with communicating. Hopefully it will continue after the sale has gone through !

I had very slow communications with Honda with my first fk8. In some ways that experience may have been a contributing factor to my change of brand.

I love Honda though .. and who knows what the future will hold :)

Ahhh I see, makes sense.

I'm very jealous! Enjoy it, lovely car. I still miss my E46 M3... In a way the M2 is closer to the E46 than the M4 is lol

The E46 M3 (I owned one in 2006) is certainly closer to the M2 in terms of size, and I would take an M2 over an M4 for that reason. Cars have got too long, wide, and heavy, including the current Civic.

you won't notice that extra weight on the road, M division cars are leagues ahead of the type r range. I love my fk2 type R. But my e92 m3 is by far the better /more special car. I've driven the fk8 and the standard M2 . The M2 is a much better / faster/ more refined / better sounding prospect than the fk8.

I don't agree - I back to backed the two cars and personally preferred the Fk8. Around something like oulton I would bet the Type R would be significantly quicker too.

The only area the M2 probably outscores the Fk8 is in sound - but that's surprisingly marginal.

Sounds harsh but the M2 doesn't feel like a proper M car to me, but then that criticism could be labelled at the non comp pack M3 and M4 as well.

Looks great but bizarrely disappointing

I don't agree - I back to backed the two cars and personally preferred the Fk8. Around something like oulton I would bet the Type R would be significantly quicker too.

The only area the M2 probably outscores the Fk8 is in sound - but that's surprisingly marginal.

Sounds harsh but the M2 doesn't feel like a proper M car to me, but then that criticism could be labelled at the non comp pack M3 and M4 as well.

Looks great but bizarrely disappointing

Just sound? What about build quality, luxury interior and its the correct wheel drive lol. Also the styling but lets not dig into that since a lot of people get triggered over it. Overall the M2 is a better package, but that's expected looking at it's MSRP compared to the Honda.

I guess it depends on what you are looking for in a car, as they can't really be compared directly.

Dotty has it really been fifteen R cars one after the other?... I think i remember an Evo back when i used to lurk?

Saw this example of M2 loveliness at a London show few months back.
Gorgeous. Seriously bad-ass in black. Love the gold bars behind the grill.

28828061157_644aa1c0a0_k.jpg

IG is m2alan.

Just sound? What about build quality, luxury interior and its the correct wheel drive lol. Also the styling but lets not dig into that since a lot of people get triggered over it. Overall the M2 is a better package, but that's expected looking at it's MSRP compared to the Honda.

I guess it depends on what you are looking for in a car, as they can't really be compared directly.

Suppose that's what great about opinions ! The diversity! I'd have to say I don't think the M2 is better than the Type R in any of those respects even adjusting for the price differential

I think the interior on the M2 is a massive let down - it feels low rent 1 series to me.

RWD - yes preferable overall to FWD, but the chassis on the Type R is for me better - its adjustability on the brakes, it's steering feel and weight for me compensate for a lack of oversteer - which don't get me wrong is massively important, but not at the expense of the other attributes.

The M2 is the first car I've ever test driven and taken back half way through because I thought it was that poor. The Fk8 I couldn't stop driving.

The M2 could potentially be a grower - I had an M3 V8 which I didn't gel with straight away, but after several months absolutely loved. I always wanted to get under the skin of the M3 though and it always felt special.

For me the M2 feels like it should be special, but in my humble opinion it's not. It feels like an M140 with a diff. Not a ground up re-engineering of the car. Potentially the comp pack addresses this but I highly doubt it.

We are singing off a different song sheet. I wanted to stay in the car longer :lol:

The good thing about bmw is they honour warranty if you put on one of their “m performance” exhausts for example.

Unlike this poor blighter in his fk2.

2b6a567aa22c5fe58602cf3f9cae945d.jpg

I remember a time when Honda used to be known for its reliability and warranty. They drop the odd bollock with the dash fit, wiring loom, and gearbox shims and it all goes belly up.

Considering Volvo as a consequence. (jokes)

there was me worrying about my panel filter on my first service.....left instructions no wash and please don't remove panel filter on the worrying 'express key drop' as there was a big queue

Turns out that's second service when they will throw it in the bin and replace it with some tracing paper...

Back