• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Recent content by SUTTENCHEENY

1. SUTTENCHEENY

TYPE-R Carbon Effect door Sills EP3

I have this exact set on my ep3 when i bought it, they seem good quality and should of been factory fit imo.
  2. SUTTENCHEENY

Climair Wind deflectors.

Slightly off topic but i am after some wind deflectors for my ep3, would you recommend these? I have also been looking at team heko?
  3. SUTTENCHEENY

Windscreen washer circuit help

you need to grab a multimeter and pull the washer pump plug and shove the prongs in the plug and use your washers and see if you are picking up power. if you are picking power up pump is fubar and replace it.
  4. SUTTENCHEENY

HELP fitting double din into ep3 !!!

I have that exact headunit in my ep3 and fitted it exactly the same way you have. unfortunatly i have the same problem as you, there is a 10mm gap all the way around the stereo. i think connects2 make a facia plate that fits. i just call it ventalation to stop it overheating :)
  5. SUTTENCHEENY

Sounds like Someone Ate Cereal!

Yes sure will be worth it, I'm the fourth owner of my premier and it seems a strong car apart from this gearbox bearing :mad: I phoned TDI north and a clutch replacement will be £500 with oem clutch and while box is out parts and labour on top for the gearbox work/split. Will be like a new...
  6. SUTTENCHEENY

Haynes Manual.

Unfortunately as shoonk said there is not one for the type r, believe me i have looked.. Although there is workshop manuals out there, i have one for 02-03 ep3 although i own a 55 facelift, fundamentally they are the same..
  7. SUTTENCHEENY

best petrol ??

+1 on the shell v-power as said no real performance gains on a standard n/a car but slightly better response and a cleaner fuel delivery system. So in my eyes it is worth the extra few pence..
  8. SUTTENCHEENY

Rear speaker help.

I cant say i have ever tried what your thinking of doing, i have always ran standard fronts and 6x9's in the rear and have 65% to the rear and 35% to the fronts. I have a 12" sub in the boot with a "fast plug" fitted so if you would need the boot space its a 5 second job pulling the plug and...
  9. SUTTENCHEENY

EP3 Disc screws!

+3 with the center punch method, Just run without them.. They are only there to "hold" the disk while the wheel is off, i have left them out of my cars before with no problems.
  10. SUTTENCHEENY

EP3 Advice needed

It looks a alright motor but i would say opt for a premier edition just for the fact of the better recaro front seats, as in the future you may be wanting to swap out the standard seats and the premier recaros don't come cheap. It all depends in what you want from the car?
  11. SUTTENCHEENY

Yes it is pretty expensive although it will be almost like a new car! I've had my car 3 weeks and my gearbox input shaft bearings have gave up the ghost so its a similar story to yours, although not going to be quite as expensive! I guess its the risk you take upon buying a 10 year old...
  12. SUTTENCHEENY

Air con fault ep3

I guess so but i believe it don't cost too much.
  13. SUTTENCHEENY

Air con fault ep3

Good job! glad you got it all sorted.. and the best bit... it was free! :lol:
  14. SUTTENCHEENY

Air con fault ep3

I'm not no mechanical genius mate but could be simple as a faulty button? Have you also checked the power source with a multi meter?
  15. SUTTENCHEENY

"bottom end" that sounds expensive mate! What sort of money is a bottom end rebuild going for? hope it actually rectifies the problem for you this time!
Back