• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Recent content by Ted

1. Ted

Ted's track day EP3

Hopefully I've been some help to you. Brakes is certainly one of those places that can be minefield, but from what I've seen there's a lot of good quality options out there. I'd say even the Yellow Speed setup is a good option to look at also. If you're willing to venture to the £1k mark. PBS...
  2. Ted

Ted's track day EP3

They don’t use the original discs. They us a 309.7mm disc. Mine were 2 piece but I have seen them as one pieces before also. That link you show isn’t the right type. It’s the forged one you’re looking for. It’s a smoother calliper in appearance. I did also, happen to buy some Wilwoods Midlites...
  3. Ted

Ted's track day EP3

The cars come on along way since I last updated this. �� I don’t actually run these brakes anymore as I picked up a set of Stoptech ST40’s for a good price. I didn’t swap them out for any real reason other than ‘bigger is better’. With the Wilwoods I think, personally they’re very underrated...
  4. Ted

Ted's track day EP3

Forgot all about this! What is it you want to know? They’re a good brake upgrade. The best part being the cost of pads are actually quite low. I was picking up Ferodo DS3000/DS1.11 for less than £80 more often than not. 310mm 2 part bolted discs gave good stopping power without crazy BBK...
  5. Ted

EP3 Driveway Motorsport

Nice update
  6. Ted

Best all round track exhaust

I've got a Toda which is pretty damn quiet! When I get tested it hits 88db which is pretty pathetic really :). I am planning on swapping to 3inch some time next year and will be going for a TDI job or the solid fab track spec.
  7. Ted

Possible Oil temp and Pressure sensor postions EP3

My oil pressure sender is a t-piece off the back of the OEM sensor. (near the top of the block behind the head on the left as you're looking at the engine)...
  8. Ted

Partyvan's 270bhp N/A track slut

Don't lose the faith after a couple of set backs. These things happen, just build the box strong like bull. Also I have no doubt that you would hugely drop your times at Donnington. My first ever time there my best was 1:25:47 so with your powers you should be smashing that.:smt023
  9. Ted

Ep3 rear bumper parachute effect ?

Excuse the horrendous understeer in this pic!
  10. Ted

Partyvan's 270bhp N/A track slut

My plastic windows have a bolt in the bottom centre that's attached to (something?!) on the inner skin of the door. Then tiger sealed all around the edges. They are pretty solid and don't leak at all....the rear quarters on the other hand have begun to leak!
  11. Ted

Ted's track day EP3

It's just the rubber nipple. I've used clips and jubilees to clamp the rubber nipple, but 4 times the rubber nipple has perished. I'm just removing any possibility of it leaking by blocking it off properly.
  12. Ted

Ted's track day EP3

I also didn't find any bad reviews, it's not a bad piece of kit really just as it is a copy of the skunk2 it's never going to have the same quality of it, especially at half the price. My piece of advice before fitting is this; on the right hand side of the manifold where there is the two lower...
  13. Ted

Ted's track day EP3

Admittedly the M2 intake was a knee jerk reaction as I had a few quid lying around the week before I went for mapping and thought It would be worth it, but I agree the water leaks are hugely annoying, should of just gone with the RBC/RRC in the first place! It's gotten to the stage where I am...
  14. Ted

Ted's track day EP3

Ultimately I already knew what you both are saying. I just needed a more experienced second set of eyes than my own to make me see sense. So thank you both :D. I was relatively happy with my weight at Snetterton. But there's always room for improvement, particularly in my own driver ability...
  15. Ted

Ted's track day EP3

The Toda system does have a pretty large rear box and there's a centre silencer also. Have been laughed at for the quietness of the system on the sound test. But then I can't rev past 4K static for the sound tests so never mind :) He was quite adamant that a 3" system would unleash the extra...
Back