• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Recent content by The Dave

1. The Dave

EP3 EP3 aftermarket exhausts, induction kits, whats good and cheapish?

You're welcome mate :) The only thing I can say bad about it is the B pipe does hang a bit low, the centre flanges right in the middle of the car are the lowest point and even on standard suspension you can catch on speedbumps! Mines getting lowered in a couple of days so that should be fun :D
  2. The Dave

Same here, it's my daily too, not overbearing or anything, not mega quiet but not boomy once revs are settled but sounds spot on through the gears :) You won't be disappointed for the money! Even the back box alone sounds just nice but it's nicer still with the silenced centre section. I've not...
  3. The Dave

Yeah great quality, just priced sensibly without scene tax! Pretty happy with it and very glad I didn't go unsilenced B pipe as they do sound nasty lol
  4. The Dave

Quite a bit ago I fitted an M2 Cat Back in the end, silenced B pipe (initially only got the backbox but didn't fit well with a pattern centre section which was on the car so swapped it out for the matching M2 silenced centre), sounds nothing like an unsilenced system. Loud on song, not raspy at...
  5. The Dave

That's like a 5th of what I paid for the car so as tempting as it is I would have to pass lol :) Thanks though :)
  6. The Dave

You'll have to send me a message with what kind of price you are after :)
  7. The Dave

I just don't fancy anything which can soak up water, more hassle than it's worth for me. Ordered an M2 back box, Spoon M1 rep :) So we will see how that goes, I may add the centre section (silenced) at a later date but the car I've just bought had a new cat and centre section not long back...
  8. The Dave

EP3 EP3 facelift headlights, ebay non gen around 90/pair, any good?

If you think you can do them a bit cheaper posted, send me a PM :) What kit have you tried Rich? I've not properly looked into what's out there in detail. Thanks :)
  9. The Dave

Thanks guys, I'll have to keep a look out for a second hand V2. I have a K&N cleaning/oiling kit somewhere, would imagine I'd be OK to use this to clean the filter should I go second hand? I'll have a scout about for the exhausts as I am off today, they do sound nice with a silenced B pipe, way...
  10. The Dave

EP3 EP3 facelift headlights, ebay non gen around 90/pair, any good?

Hi guys, as per the title, my new but cheap EP3 has quite cloudy headlights. Rather than spending 30/40 on a kit to attempt to restore, I am considering non genuine lights from eBay which I have seen for about £90 delivered. Has anyone bought these? Are they any good in terms of quality...
  11. The Dave

Hi guys, few years away from the scene and I've just picked up a cheap but pretty damn decent Milano red EP3 for a bit of fun :) It's standard and I fancy adding a bit of noise. I want to get an induction kit, when I had my last one I kept the standard airbox but was looking at AEM V2's, are...
  12. The Dave

My nighthawk black type r

Car looks nice mate. Msg me your price :P
  13. The Dave

EP3 Buying guide/check list for the EP3 Civic Type R

I think I'm gonna buy another, nothing is quite as good an all round practical motor for me and feels as nice to drive as a good old EP3 for me currently! Obviously I made the initial checklist, but can anyone think of anything to add to mine plus the one below in the OP? Thanks guys.
  14. The Dave

2004 EP3 - heater control light sometimes doesn't illuminate? Any ideas?

It'll be the bulb, changed both of mine this time last year and never had a problem since :)
  15. The Dave

Best coolant to use on EP3?

Interesting stuff, well this thread is fair old now and it's not used a DROP since I used the ready mixed Honda stuff and had no issues in winter, done about 20k since then :)
Back