Recent content by The Mighty Clam

1. The Mighty Clam

FK8 Tyres...help a noob out....FK8

Hi bud, I'm just over the River in Rochester. Funnily enough when I was getting the tyres fitted I noticed they had a big swanky Hunter alignment rig right there, so I asked them to check it and subsequently got them to adjust the front and rear as they were both out, the front by some margin...
  2. The Mighty Clam

Well it's all been rescheduled for Friday, blackcircles gave me a goodwill gesture of £15 off for the mess up. It's mad how quickly the front Contis wear down, mine are around 1.5/1.6 mm and the rears are still on 4-5 mm! Almost certainly the Michelins will last longer. Tracking needs doing as...
  3. The Mighty Clam

Well, I attended my appointment at the local tyre place to get my two new front MIchelins fitted and they couldn't find them. After an hour of waiting around while they were on hold to blackcircles, I went home as it was apparent they weren't going to turn up today. Around 5pm I got a call from...
  4. The Mighty Clam

Hi all, good to see the forum back up and running, looks slick. I'm needing two new fronts imminently as I'm engaging the traction control in 3rd gear in dry conditions with warm tyres now! I want to go OEM size with the Michelin PS4s, but I was shocked at the price difference between the same...
  5. The Mighty Clam

FK8 NYE FK8 treat!

Excellent, the only shame at the moment is the weather is very wet and cold, not the ideal conditions to enjoy the car. But I've found it to be very pleasant to drive when you just want to drive normally, very comfortable, decent interior and a wonderful gear change even just shifting while...
  6. The Mighty Clam

FK8 NYE FK8 treat!

Is today still the big day Zig? Hopefully all has gone well and you are a happy little fish.
  7. The Mighty Clam

FK8 New FK8 owners Q&A - everything you want to know and dare to ask here

Blimey that's a reasonable chunk less than Honda gave me for part-exing my black edition FK2! Good result.
  8. The Mighty Clam

EP3 Engine Management Light came on

Had it's first service yesterday and Honda plugged R2-D2 into it to find out what happened - apparently the fault code was for a camshaft sensor. They tried replicating it but couldn't and all the diagnostics were saying everything is fine, the engine timing is correct, no issues. They said it...
  9. The Mighty Clam

Haha :smt104. Well, the previous owner was Honda so I bloody hope not!
  10. The Mighty Clam

Yes I've been doing mostly short journeys picking the childling up from school every other day in the dark, then it sits around for 2/3 days over the last few weekends due to not being allowed out. There is no low battery warning though and it's not been struggling to start. I took it out last...
  11. The Mighty Clam

Not modded, the car seems to tick over and rev fine but I'll speak to Honda tomorrow and see what they advise, warning has gone, it idles and revs completely normally, no warning lights or anything. The metallic noise sounded more like something rattling like a heat shield or exhaust, rather...
  12. The Mighty Clam

Evening all. Not very happy at the minute, just went to pick my daughter up from school, fired up the car and there was a reasonably loud metallic rattle followed by the dash lighting up like a christmas tree with the "ACC" logo illuminated, the two cars hitting each other logo coming on then...
  13. The Mighty Clam

FK8 General FK8 (10th Gen) CTR Release chat

I have to say I echo the Michelin PS4S comments - I had two new fronts on my FK2 in August (annoyingly only did about 1k miles before I accidently bought an FK8.) and the grip and warm-up was so much better than the Continentals in cold, wet conditions. Now in my FK8, the Continentals are just...
  14. The Mighty Clam

EP3 Back with an FK8

I'm thinking of getting mine ceramic coated too, how much did yours cost Pingu? I still don't like red cars but that looks bloody amazing!
  15. The Mighty Clam

FK8 FK8 incoming

Nice, I don't really like red cars but the red and black looks really good.