• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Recent content by The Mighty Clam

1. The Mighty Clam

FL5 New Civic Type R

There is a blue one on Auto Trader for £52,995 with 25 miles on the odometer and it's two owners. How on earth has it racked up two owners in 25 miles?! I've still got an email from the Honda dealer I bought my FK8 from when they were trying to get me to put a deposit on the new one saying they...
  2. The Mighty Clam

FL5 New Civic Type R

I saw a Blue one around 2 months ago and my friend has bought a CW one, but I haven't met up with him since he's had it yet. Other that that, I mean I barely see any FK8's around let alone FL5's.
  3. The Mighty Clam

Mark's Championship White FK8 GT

Mark they've got to you! Fight it and resist, be the rebel and get the Type R back! Although I'm sure zee German efficiency and performance vill be acceptable ;)
  4. The Mighty Clam

Mark's Championship White FK8 GT

What have you done?! :oops:
  5. The Mighty Clam

FL5 New Civic Type R

But I though Honda said they were making sure the allocations were going to people who were Type R fans and all that stuff, not just 'random car dealer x who rocks up with the cash?' Unless they just simply lied. Also won't it then have an owner on the logbook? If they lied to Honda posing as...
  6. The Mighty Clam

FL5 New Civic Type R

Silly question, but how is a non-Honda dealer getting a brand new delivery miles FL5?
  7. The Mighty Clam

FL5 New Civic Type R

Yeah true, I guess if there was a huge chasm of difference between FL5 and FK8 it would be a bit different. Incrementally better, but at £47k and pretty much unavailable I'd be buying an FK8 like a shot. You decided whether you're going for the FL5 Dotty?
  8. The Mighty Clam

FL5 New Civic Type R

Ah, fair enough - I don't really have knowledge of the ebbs and flows of dealer pricing
  9. The Mighty Clam

FL5 New Civic Type R

I've just done a WBAC valuation just to see if the announced price of the FL5 has had any impact on FK8 values. To my surprise the amount I was offered has dropped £3000 from a month ago. Tried a couple of other car buying sites and near enough some result. I'd have thought FK8 prices would have...
  10. The Mighty Clam

FL5 New Civic Type R

Well I'm officially out. No matter how good the FL5 is it's not £20k (for what I paid) better than my FK8. Plus it's lost that crazy madness I love with the 8. It has grown on me and the interior is great, but it's still a bit too unexciting looks-wise. In fact I'm quite glad it's so much more...
  11. The Mighty Clam

FL5 New Civic Type R

At £50k surely it would be cheaper to just import one from Japan at £31k plus fees/VAT etc?! I'm still holding on for £39,995 :D:rolleyes:
  12. The Mighty Clam

FL5 New Civic Type R

I've got my FK8 booked in for a service tomorrow with Honda and they rang me today to double check the appointment and to ask if I want my car valued. I said no, but we got onto the FL5 and they said the UK allocation is only 300 units, countrywide and that the price will be 'fifty-something.' I...
  13. The Mighty Clam

FL5 New Civic Type R

Even with that positive outcome money wise, I keep wondering if the FL5 will be £12k 'better' than the FK8. No doubt it will be the better car, but is it going to be that much better to justify the change? Be good if it is.
  14. The Mighty Clam

FL5 New Civic Type R

According to Malaysian news outlet 'Topteknews,' the FL5 will cost in the region of RM 350k, which is £67,401! This is primarily due to their 30 percent import duty and 80 percent excise duty for 2.0l passenger cars. Blimey. They do include a line in the report that amused me - "As before...
  15. The Mighty Clam

FL5 New Civic Type R

I've just heard back from the dealer I purchased my FK8 from who have been in contact with me about placing a deposit on the FL5. I sent them an email over the weekend regarding pricing and they sent this to me (direct quote from the email): "We are thinking it will be around £38k but nothing...
Back