• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. orienteer

FN2 Possibly a stupid seat question??

Even without rear doors it would have been useful to flip up the rear seats so the dogs can sit on the floor carpeting instead of hairy'ing the seats!! They will unlock and lift but don't stay so they may have some use :( thanks for your responses Ian
  2. orienteer

How are they supposed to release? I don't imagine rummaging around under the seat is correct :lol:
  3. orienteer

Sorry FN2 folk but can someone tell me whether/or how the rear seats fold and lock up?? I have found no lever but can flip them up by reaching under and moving the seat locking mechanism by hand, they don't however stay up :( Help!!!! thanks, Ian
  4. orienteer

The Cleaning Guide

Throughout the professional threads on Detailingworld.co.uk and most of the amateur, showroom, ones you're unlikely to find water blades used. By being meticulous you're correct that it would be most unlucky to drag a piece of grit across the paint but there's still a chance. Hence towel...
  5. orienteer

The Cleaning Guide

Having just had to machine the damage from the paint of my CTR FN2 (12500 miles only) it's proof that everyone who loves their car needs to be aware of safe washing technique. Starting with two buckets and using a sheepskin mitt is certainly the right track :D Resist water blades and chamois...
  6. orienteer

A basic guide to foaming.

ValetPro PH neutral snowfoam is good stuff. The latest I have is Autobrite Magifoam which clings and lasts for longer than anything I've tried before!! Mixed approx 1:10 with warm water.
  7. orienteer

Tyres

Try getting a price through the Blackcircles website, they deliver to a local fitter of your choice for free, at a time of your choice, and it's free fitting and balancing!! Cheers, Ian :D
  8. orienteer

09 plate milano CTR swirling cured by 3M and Meguiars

I wish :( it's actually a Merc 4x4 thing! I am glad to have a glossy red motor though instead of my black 320d, they stay clean looking longer ;)
  9. orienteer

If you haven't already I'd strongly recommend using detailingworld.co.uk to learn how to reduce wash induced damage to a minimum, especially with wimpy Honda paint!! No chamois, no cheap sponges, two buckets using a sheepskin mitt, no water blade, soft towel for drying... and lastly invest in...
  10. orienteer

Hi folks :D I picked up this: with only 12500miles for 12500 squid ... winner!! Thanks Honda Reading. As an amateur Detailer I had a look under the halogens and lo and behold on the bonnet: Therefore it was foamed, washed, clayed ready for machining. Using a 3M polishing pad, a 3M...
  11. orienteer

Tesco Tyres

:lol::lol::lol: Ha ha sorry about that, I've checked and you can get - Hankook Ventus V12 Evo K110 225/40/18 fitted for £120 with them at the moment ;) Not elite perhaps but could save you points on your license, if yours are worn out!!!! Cheers, Ian
  12. orienteer

FN2 First day .... first concern

Picked up my 09 plate FN2 Type R today with only 12300miles. As an engineer I've been building a common fault document as I did with my 320d and 2000plate Beetle!! Apart from being more aware of how firm a ride it is, which I didn't notice on the test drive (with my rose tinted specs on ;) )...
  13. orienteer

Tesco Tyres

Top dollar :D I recently got x2 Falken FK452s 205/55/16 delivered, fitted, balanced within 1 mile of my home for £136 ... billy bargain!!! You can pick the tyre fitter and the time as you order, NICE.
Back