• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

09 plate milano CTR swirling cured by 3M and Meguiars

Hi folks :D

I picked up this:

newcar2.jpg

with only 12500miles for 12500 squid ... winner!! Thanks Honda Reading.

As an amateur Detailer I had a look under the halogens and lo and behold on the bonnet:

P8040754.jpg

P8040755.jpg

Therefore it was foamed, washed, clayed ready for machining. Using a 3M polishing pad, a 3M rotary and Meguiars 105 cutting polish I made at least one pass over most of the car removing swirls/scratches and correcting the soft paint to about 85% corrected.

Here's a 'Detailing World' typical 50:50 shot to show the correction level.

P8040757.jpg

Once the machining was finished there was improved reflection which was followed up with a quick foam to remove the polishing dust. Once the car was dried off it had a coat of Zaino All-in-One to clean off polishing oils and remaining white marks. After this a coat of Zaino Z2 polish to add depth ;) leaving:

P8050762.jpg

P8050761.jpg

P8050765.jpg

I am now a happy owner:

P8050763.jpg

Cheers, Ian

Good work fella. Do you want to do mine :lol:

If you haven't already I'd strongly recommend using detailingworld.co.uk to learn how to reduce wash induced damage to a minimum, especially with wimpy Honda paint!!

No chamois, no cheap sponges, two buckets using a sheepskin mitt, no water blade, soft towel for drying... and lastly invest in Zaino All-in-One using a Meguiars microfibre applicator (Halfords) which will gloss and seal your paint for up to 4 months :D

For me doing tidy stone chip touch ups are my next bl**dy challenge ........

Regards, Ian

Good detail Ian, liking the car A LOT.

Almost bought one just the same at new year, but couldnt justify putting my EP3 + £5k towards it.
Engine note ftw, that was what really impressed me about the FN2, the wail as you get over 4k revs.

Good detail Ian, liking the car A LOT.

Almost bought one just the same at new year, but couldnt justify putting my EP3 + £5k towards it.
Engine note ftw, that was what really impressed me about the FN2, the wail as you get over 4k revs.

Does the fn2 sound different to a ep3? They have the same engine don't they.

Nice work, I have found that you can get away with a less abbrasive polish on CTR's though. :)

Back