• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. Mossy

RIP R-31566

Tragically taken from me by the great floods of Fri 20th July :smt089 :-({|= On that day, it took me 36 (yes - thirty six) hours to get home from work (it's usually a four hour trip). This included a couple of hours "sleep" on the backseat in deepest darkest Oxfordshire whilst listening to...
  2. Mossy

Subscribe to threads

Not sure whether this is an issue or not? Within the control panel, I've changed the settings on "default thread subscription mode" to: no email notification. Yet I keep receiving email updates on the 2 threads i've posted on. Is this because i changed the setting after I had initially...
  3. Mossy

Increase size of PM Box

Just logged onto the forum for the first time since the swap over from phpBB2, and wondered whether the size of our pm boxes could/will be increased to what it was previously? The current limit is a total of 50 messages (inbox + sent), whereas previously it was more 100(ish i think). The...
  4. Mossy

Useful sat nav security advice

OK, it's the wrong section, but I bet it's useful to several of you... Was watching "The Real Hustle" last night, and they pointed out something that i'd never thought of before: :oops: Think about it - if you're unfortunate to be broken into, there is a high possibility they will check...
  5. Mossy

Another Feedback Change?

Just left feedback for Smeg - added a comment, but forgot to pick whether it was positive / neutral / negative #-o (i know). As a result, TRO bot (in its wisdom) assumed my feedback was neutral. When leaving feedback, can the settings be changed, so that no icon is defaulted. That way...
  6. Mossy

Garage Review

Assume this will be linked to the garage problems that have been picked up recently: SQL Error : 1054 Unknown column 'mods.garage_id' in 'on clause'
  7. Mossy

Website Flyers

This idea just occurred to me, and I'm not sure whether it's good or bad. On occasions I get the train to work, I always walk past the same standard silver facelift CTR. It's always clean, and the owner obviously looks after it, but i have no idea whether they are aware of the forum... So I...
  8. Mossy

Highlight colour for search function

Can we change the highlight colour from white when we search for something? Been searching for a while now, and only just realised why there are spaces in my searches :oops: This search just looks mad: http://type-r-owners.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=5854&highlight=sky Any colour...
  9. Mossy

"Grammar Time"

OK Now that the site has been up for over a month, i thought i'd point out a couple of things i've noticed on the Forum index :wink: Engine Mods: "Throttle boddies" should be "throttle bodies" Faults section: "Got a problem with you car" should be "Got a problem with your car"...
  10. Mossy

When Admin/Mods move threads

When Admin or Mods move/alter/lock a thread, can they add a post to it? That way, the originator will know who to pm (should they feel the need). This shouldn't be used as a channel to argue with the mods (as they have "moderated"), but the chance through pm to ascertain the reasons why (if...
  11. Mossy

Jargon Buster in FAQ?

The FAQ is still under development, but I think it ought to be developed before the site starts picking up newbies from Google etc. What might be useful is a "Jargon Buster" thread - something that has all acronyms listed alphabetically (not just CTR, but all car, and general forum acronyms)...
Back