• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

When Admin/Mods move threads

Mossy

Loves his re-re-reposts
When Admin or Mods move/alter/lock a thread, can they add a post to it?

That way, the originator will know who to pm (should they feel the need).
This shouldn't be used as a channel to argue with the mods (as they have "moderated"), but the chance through pm to ascertain the reasons why (if they are not immediately apparent).

Never mind that what about when they add cheeky comments :twisted: :lol:

Hi Mossta (i prefer that ) :wink:

I have looked at some locked threads tonight and it is rather obvious why this has been done and in all cases i think a mod has said why........its mostly over whoring or the thread has become abusive or its just complete rubbish.

When a thread gets moved this is purely because in our estimation it has been posted in the wrong area or we think it would be better suited in another area.

There is nothing stopping the originator from PM'ing a mod to ask why.
It doesn't have to be the mod that moved it etc as we all chat to each other so we know whats going on with most things and should be able to explain.

Hope that helps :wink:

Cheers

You have access to the "removed threads" so can get a better understanding of whether it was necessary, I just saw a thread in the general & thought it might be worth pointing out incase no one had looked at it (It was as you did!), but if no action is required thats fine by me

Carry on!

Things that get out of hand get locked normally, but if the content of the thread has potential damaging contents (ie abuse, complete whoring etc) then it will be removed.

I normally add *moved* when I move things 8)

If it is a crap thread I simply remove it :twisted:

Back