• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. ChrisEP3

Emulsion Paint Removal Advice

The other night I was driving down local dual carriageway and suddenly it was all white Managed to get civic to edge of the road but near side wheels got covered in emulsion paint Nearest jetwash was 10 miles away so by time I got there paint was in my arches and all down the side That...
  2. ChrisEP3

Custom EP3 Phone Dock

Okay so my cheap Chinese eBay iPhone holder was crap, Suction cup wouldn't stick to glass So I spotted a Brodit Proclip Angled Mount on eBay for £5 instead of £20 I have made a hybrid of the two and I'm pretty happy with the results Simply a case of cut the end of the china mount in a way to...
  3. ChrisEP3

Mugen Twinloop B Pipe Size

Been thinking of swapping the centre pipe on my mugen system for a non res pipe Since I'm on coilovers I run the risk of catching it, so want a non res which can take the scrapes Does anyone know of the b pipe is same length as oem? Or is it specific to the backbox? I've tried googling a...
  4. ChrisEP3

FN2 rear brake caliper wind back issue

Tried to change over rear brake pads on my brothers fn2 but no matter how much I tried the piston would just not wind back I used a proper wind back tool but would go back so far then just stop I loosened bleed nipple to release pressure right up to the point it fell out, and still wouldn't...
  5. ChrisEP3

Auto Up for the Passenger side

Anyone know of a method to retro fit auto up to the passenger side? Maybe something from the USDM EP? I keep pressing them both down forgetting only the drivers one does itb
  6. ChrisEP3

Megan Racing - Drift Spec Cat Back

Just stumbled across this exhaust as a possible swap for my mugen Twinloop 2.5" system with resonator and a 4" tip Anyone ever seen this over in the UK? Anyone got any Megan Racing parts? Spotted on eBay they do LCA's, Coilovers, Decat pipe, and a 4-1 Race Header
  7. ChrisEP3

Mugen Twinloop - What's It Worth?

I have a Mugen Twinloop cat back on my ep3 Been thinking of selling it but not really a clue what it's worth 2nd hand I know they are like £1.2k new ***!
  8. ChrisEP3

EP3 200cell cat pipe

Been thinking of getting a 200cell cat section and implanting it into a de-cat pipe, Making a DIY 200cell cat pipe Anyone herd this done before? Would a 200cell give adequate back pressure? Seen japspeed/scorpion decats for £120ish, and a magnaflow 200cell cat for £80 Add a japspeed 4-2 mani...
  9. ChrisEP3

Starter Motor Run On

My starter motor is seeming to run on for a split second, it started out as every now and then. But seems to be more frequent now Does anyone know how to take starter motor out? Was thinking of giving the mechanism a quick clean
  10. ChrisEP3

Headunit Power Problems

Fitted my Sony Headunit at the weekend but as soon as I turn off the ignition power is cut I remember being told with my Astra that swapping two wires over (think they said red and the yellow) would give it a constant live feed as well as the ignition live Does anyone know the fix for the ep3?
  11. ChrisEP3

Front Strut Bar and Engine Torque Damper

Just wondering if a torque damper and a front strut brace will fit onto the strut bolts I have a japspeeds front brace already, but want to fit a etd Doesn't seem a lot of room left on the strut bolts for the etd plate to be sandwiched in Does anyone have any experience with struts and etd...
  12. ChrisEP3

Track Day Tyre Wear

Just wondering what the tyre wear is like if you do a track day I got two spare EP3 wheels which will get some tyres specifically for when I'm on track Do the rear tyres take much abuse due to lift off over steer? Cheers
  13. ChrisEP3

Braces and frsu info request

When I bought my ep3 it had front strut bar ( think its japspeed ) and rear JDM arb Im aiming to get my mate to do the frsu shortly ( hes a motorsport engineer with all the alignment gear ) but til then I want to get some more braces Seen the rear top strut bar, rear lower tie bar, and the...
  14. ChrisEP3

HID Questions

As I have the face lift with projector lights I thought it would be rude not to fit xenons I keep seeing bi-xenon kits as well as the normal straight bulb swap hid kits Any one know anything about these? My ep3 is an 06 plate, searched for replacement dipped bulbs and was told H4 or H1, but...
  15. ChrisEP3

Standard clutch 58k -what's it worth?

Had my clutch changed due to rear main oil seal The old clutch looks fine and doesn't seem to be contaminated Just wondering if there is a call for 2nd hand clutches on ebay etc Don't want to bin it and find its worth £50! (Sorry if in wrong subroutine, couldn't find a "what's it worth" section)
Back