• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. dragonflyjade

Goodridge or HEL? FN2

I fitted HEL lines on my EP3 and had the outer casing split (ever so) after two years. Sorted under warranty with no issues direct from HEL.
  2. dragonflyjade

Whining/Knocking only on lift off

Engine mounts may be starting to perish. The front one is prone to go first.
  3. dragonflyjade

Cosmic Grey EP3 Honda Machine - Project minty mint OEM

Epistle - excellent word. A lot of love going into the car. Well done for getting so far!
  4. dragonflyjade

Upgrades........Aftermath

Nice one d13lc. Pop the lagging on and drive the car for a week. If the lagging has worn through then you do not have enough clearance between the two components. Are your springs lower? If so, you may have a trouble when turning the car and the ARB naturally moves. I not sure if the OEM back...
  5. dragonflyjade

Upgrades........Aftermath

The rattle is most likely the exhaust knocking against the rear ARB. The ARB shifts as the car rolls in the turn and knocks against the vibrating exhaust. Some heatproof sponge taped around the ARB should sort this. Actually, have a closer look whilst the car is on the ground. If your springs...
  6. dragonflyjade

Odd noise when Pulling off or at biting point?

It is the clutch release bearing. Mine was noisy on cold starts - usually in the morning - for the past six years. Never affected gear changes and the car was happy as it was. A Honda OEM clutch (three piece kit) can be had for £150 and fitted for the same again at a local indy garage.
  7. dragonflyjade

To what extent would dodgy engine mounts affect handling??

Gear shift sharpened up; with respect to the engagement across the box. I've also had the clutch replaced recently and this has helped tremendously. The engine has picked up in speed and feels sprightly again. My main concern is that you may be putting the ES inserts into mounts that are...
  8. dragonflyjade

bonnet vent front

NACA duct?
  9. dragonflyjade

To what extent would dodgy engine mounts affect handling??

If your mounts are shots, why bother putting ES inserts in? Just replace all the mounts? I've had Avid Racing mounts for a year (apart from the front which is new OEM) and the car is a lot happier. Standing starts and gear changes were the main improvement. Be prepared for aftermarket mounts...
  10. dragonflyjade

Mugen, MF10s and JDM Mods - Now on Car !!

There is money in old Mugen metal. Interesting. Got to give kwright some credit in digging up an old thread and waiting in hope. :lol:
  11. dragonflyjade

EP3 Type R Gear Knob Brought Back To Life

Cheers Suits... I'll link to CTRO too. ;)
  12. dragonflyjade

EP3 Type R Gear Knob Brought Back To Life

Que 'my knob is cold in the winter/needs socks on it' gags. ;) Very good result there. I have not seen a refurb' back to a matt finish yet. I guess it is a factory applied coating. The Spoon Ti gearknob is handy too. The weight saving gains from fitting it are laughable.
  13. dragonflyjade

is this a genuine Honda clutch kit

Genuine. I had the same kit two weeks ago. Watch out for clutch plate dust falling out when you remove the bell-housing. There is no access hole to let the dust out over time so it builds up. Get plenty of rags and a face-mask together.
  14. dragonflyjade

Brakeparts.co.uk pads any good?

Any of the guys in the Traders section plus Honda dealers on eBay.
  15. dragonflyjade

EP3 Metallic rattle noise at 2k rpm when under hard load

Update. I had my clutch changed today. The bell-housing and release bearing were full of plate dust so cleaned out. The clutch plate centre was that lovely blue-gold colour of heated metal. I can only assume that dust had built up over time and the release bearing was not moving properly...
  16. dragonflyjade

Sound. Thank you. I have a mild rattle when pushing on at WOT. I've been thinking it was the exhaust blowing but cannot find any evidence. However, I have done 112,000 miles on the original clutch... :S ;)
  17. dragonflyjade

Excellent news. Thanks for reporting back. I take it the clutch release bearing is shot? [That what the screwdriver is pointing to?]
  18. dragonflyjade

New blue shoes for my cosmic EP3

Lovely finish. Well done. :D I agree with the apparent colour change - I had my wheels done years back in Audi 'High Power' Silver as it looked as close to OEM from the DuPont colour-chip. Stuck the wheels on and they looked white in the sun. The paint guy was equally dumbfounded. C'est la vie...
  19. dragonflyjade

Caliper Refurb or new.

That is typical price for refurb' calipers Shoonk. Good advice. I have my local motor factors looking for a OEM refurb' caliper but they are out of stock at the moment. Make sure you get a Nissin marked caliper - these are OEM. My initial caliper from the motor factor was a Lucas pattern...
  20. dragonflyjade

Clutch

Your local Honda dealer if you are not sure yourself. At least you will get fixed price clutch replacement (Honda Happiness) and a warranty for fitting.
  21. dragonflyjade

My Mugen CR-Z

That does look rather lovely. Good work so far. 8)
  22. dragonflyjade

Shell V-Power Nitro+ anybody?

The warmer weather has helped the EP3 on mpg overall. I managed a return trip from Derby to Stanmore, London, the other week and pipped 340 miles out of a full tank (VPower). I've popped half a tank of this VPower Nitro+ into the Mazda2 and it has certainly perked up since it is constantly...
  23. dragonflyjade

Ep3 air bag light

Indeed my good man rossy. Good to see you about. I trust you are in good health. I have been in the shadows of late with personal escapades. Will spend a bit more time here for the amusement and providing the little help I can.
  24. dragonflyjade

Ep3 air bag light

Time to check all the SRS system plugs and connections. These are marked in bright yellow IIRC from the rest of the wiring loom. However, since it is quite a critical system in the car I would be inclined to send it to Honda or a decent indy for a through check. edit: Check the seat-belt...
  25. dragonflyjade

noise when braking o/s front. whole car shakes at 75mph

Tracking/geometry or wheel balances?
  26. dragonflyjade

locking will nut

Possibly not. Check your folder, there may be a long key-code in there. If not, the locking wheel nut box has a small card with the number printed on the back. Honda dealers can work off this - £15 If not, then friendly garage who is sympathetic to your wheels.
  27. dragonflyjade

Engine mount

I have the Avid Racing Fast Road mounts. They have given the car some interesting noise characteristics and 'charm'. Stick with Vibra-Technics, Avid or Honda OEM. Tegiwa have some coming out soon too.
  28. dragonflyjade

Change in Brake Bite after MOT...

If you ave ever watched the MOT procedure, the car is turned on and off then run for a while over the testing period. The brakes are pumped to check the lights at the start of the MOT. The brake bias test works the brakes to a medium then full effort on the rollers. This is done for the foot...
  29. dragonflyjade

this is what happens after 4 weeks of owning a mint ep3!!!!!

I thought Honda pre-paint the bumpers? Call around or contact Hendy in the traders section.
  30. dragonflyjade

es mounts or torque damper?!

Of no help to the OP - I fitted Avid Racing Billet mounts (front one is new Honda OEM) last month. Dash, pedals and steering visibly shook at idle and the cabin sound was deafening at any speed. But now things have settled and the buzz through the pedals has gone. In-gear acceleration and...
  31. dragonflyjade

this is what happens after 4 weeks of owning a mint ep3!!!!!

Bumpers are cheap and sprayed if purchased from Honda. It is the EP3 body-kit that costs. If you can pick up side-skirts from a scrap dealer, get them sprayed and stickered from Mook then you could get somewhere.
  32. dragonflyjade

NYA's ST150 **Stanced, Cleaned & Photoed 14/10/12**

I like it. Good clean work. The front looks great - looks like the Fezza has done some 'roids to look a bit like the Focus. The boot lock could go or get disguised - but that is me just not liking chrome. The way it sits looks purposeful; it is more driveable without shredding tyres for the...
  33. dragonflyjade

Uniroyal Rainsport 2's

Have them fitted on the Mazda2. Cut through torrential rain on the M1 this weekend with no bother and have handled confidently in the dry. Noise is no louder than the Toyos that were replaced. I would wonder if the are side-walls are firm enough for the EP3?
  34. dragonflyjade

DC sports

Had one for over six years. Still going fine.
  35. dragonflyjade

Fuel economy/miles to a tank...?

Completely standard car on V-Power: 280 miles pottering about 300 miles on longer A-road travels 343 miles maximum - geriatric M-way cruising
  36. dragonflyjade

Seagull sh*t destroying my paintwork

Deeper Detail - would a clay bar help remove the white BC markings in the above picture? I keep some baby wipes in the car for such emergencies and clean up jobs. Just as good as BC wipes and cheap when purchased in bulk.
  37. dragonflyjade

Gear box popping out of first whilst rolling or pulling away.

Dude ^ ... here are some full stops ' ... '. :lol:
  38. dragonflyjade

full throttle rattle enquiry - puzzled.

Cheers Hazz - the iVTEC/manifold cover had the washer adjustment back in 2002. I suspect the tensioner. I'm letting it develop for another week then the spanners are coming out next Saturday. I'll keep you informed. Any other thoughts are welcomed.
  39. dragonflyjade

full throttle rattle enquiry - puzzled.

My fellow gentry of TRO. A puzzle to be solved. Standard car - UKDM '02 plate - 102,000 miles - with Carbing Type-II bracing and DC Sports cat'-back. Original clutch. Shifts fine. Powers through the rev' range fine. 'VTEC engages as normal. Serviced in March 2012 as normal. Belt was changed...
  40. dragonflyjade

CJN's - CW Honda Integra Type-R

Patience has paid off. Well done CJN. 8)
  41. dragonflyjade

Bridgestone Adrenalin RE002

Interesting tread pattern... looking forward to your write up about these. :)
  42. dragonflyjade

RenaultSport Clio 182 Trophy

Ahh.. this is ace. Good to know the Trophy and yourself are doing well.:D
  43. dragonflyjade

Tappets/Injectors?

Service history and mileage? Tappets should not be that loud.
  44. dragonflyjade

Pre-Facelift Alloys

The original alloys on the EP3 were made by Enkei. Unfortunately, the quality was shocking and Honda did replace corroding wheels under warranty. The new batch released were better, not great, but with subtle differences - the colour was slightly darker and the spokes slightly closer.
  45. dragonflyjade

Who's on their 2nd set of Iridium Spark Plugs ?

No. Read one post up. Or donate the difference to the forum. ;)
  46. dragonflyjade

Who's on their 2nd set of Iridium Spark Plugs ?

You've answered your own question TomCat. ;) Check the gaps. I had a poorly gapped (new) plug that gave me a misfire - took an evening to work that out.
  47. dragonflyjade

Anyone have a front lower H Brace.

I've had the Carbing Type-II brace for about eight years. It is a stronger piece of frame work compared to the one you have posted - which, quite frankly, looks poor.
  48. dragonflyjade

Bosch S4 Battery?

It's not the right one OP. You need the reversed terminal version. The model number would have an 'R' in it. Ask your supplier for a swap if you can.
  49. dragonflyjade

G's ongoing project. Updated 1st post.

G, my good Sir. Your inbox is full and I wish to send you a message. ;)
  50. dragonflyjade

Petrol Additives / fuel system cleaners

Nein. I ran some Mugen fuel additive at year three and Forte at year seven of my EP3 - never noticed any difference and the fuel filter was clean when I replaced it. I have always run V-Power too.
  51. dragonflyjade

Price for High End Single Adjustable Coilovers?

I completely agree with Stoo. We all know how the EP3 handles on some of our donkey tracks we call roads and coilovers are a bit of an overkill if they are never exercised on a track. I would only consider changing the suspension if I have a problem with the OEM gear as the price difference...
  52. dragonflyjade

Price for High End Single Adjustable Coilovers?

My 2p worth; I have always considered AST Sportline II units if I ever upgraded the suspension to the EP3.
  53. dragonflyjade

Poly'-bushing and geometry realignment?

Chaps... thank you for the comments. Been in touch with TDi and GrinSpeed - both got back to me very quickly. I have some options that I need to consider as it is a balance of work involved, potential chance of seized bolts and the money needed. Plus, if can be done in a day - my time is...
  54. dragonflyjade

Done... will keep you informed. ;)
  55. dragonflyjade

Gentlemen.. I've had a thought of getting the car poly'-bushed through using the SuperPro kit - this would cover the front and rear suspension arms. However, I would like to know if I would need to get the alignment/FRSU done again. I am thinking of using the standard bushes and not the ones...
  56. dragonflyjade

oil leak - drivers side

Get your car up onto some ramps. When the oil is changed, a lot is spilt over the sub-frame and chassis under the filter. It is an awkward place to clean. Give it a good blast with brake/oil cleaner and mop up all the residue with plenty of tissue. Whilst you are under there, check the sump...
  57. dragonflyjade

Disabling car? theft concerns.

Disconnect the battery and the alarm is dead - and so will your insurance policy if the company finds out. Fit a fuel cut-off switch if needs be. An upgraded alarm/immobiliser system with text alert would be nice if costs allow. A DiskLock (small size needed) will physically look after the...
  58. dragonflyjade

Octavia vRS

Coo... that looks lovely. The design looks purposeful and well thought out. I could live in that boot - my room at university was smaller than that. :lol:
  59. dragonflyjade

Standard front EP3 facelift edition grille sprayed

The potential design hints of the VW Golf GTi grill. I've not seen it on any EP3 - would it not look like the car has a red upturned moustache under the badge (nose)? ;)
  60. dragonflyjade

Was speaker upgrade an option from factory on EP3? If so, anyone got more details?

Agreed. I do not think they have a silver grill. I'll have to go and look in a bit and report back.
  61. dragonflyjade

Loxy's silver FN2 GT - J's Braces

All that work in two days? Very good!
  62. dragonflyjade

Was speaker upgrade an option from factory on EP3? If so, anyone got more details?

I believe the tweeters were IME. 1hp increase. ;) The Mini-Disc player was also an upgrade option. 2hp increase. 10 retro points now. Sony Betamax all over again. :(
  63. dragonflyjade

do i need a HAMP filter for my EP3?

I've run HAMP filters for the past seven years (with Silkolene oil) with no problems. Bulk buy deal FTW.
  64. dragonflyjade

Rear Brakes Advice

Sutters - bleeding brakes is an easy job but if you do not feel confident then watch a mechanic do it the first time around. Go and bed your new pads and discs in as recommended by the Mintex guidance and check the discs (once cooled!) for any uneven pad contact patterns. Most basic services...
  65. dragonflyjade

How long will OEM Shocks/Dampers last?

I'm sure smeg is still on original shocks/springs - also still without a service I imagine too. I am on original shocks/springs at 97'000 miles. Plus original clutch and rear disks... Car feels softer and less crashy. However, I am considering ASTs for the future as the car is a keeper now and...
  66. dragonflyjade

Loxy's silver FN2 GT - J's Braces

Have to tip my hat to you Loxy. Well done and congratulations. 8) You should be proud of the results. The graph looks great and the install looks tidy. TDi have done a superb job. Drive safe. :D
  67. dragonflyjade

Fuel economy/miles to a tank...?

MilanoFox - the gauge is just that...a gauge. :lol: I've learnt to live with it. I get 300 to the tank but use the trip counter to monitor any discrepancies and engine health. The cold weather hit economy hard which I can only put down to the car running rich for longer in order to get up to...
  68. dragonflyjade

Help Big problems!!!! PLEASE HELP

I would say it is a bad electrical earth. Try cleaning the battery terminals and earth straps down. Check the battery status with a voltmeter. Had the fuel filter changed recently? Could be a loose seal on the fuel pick-up pipe on the filter (it happened to me). Despite it being a private road...
  69. dragonflyjade

Removing EP3 Front Honda Badge.. (To Replace It)

LOL! Sorry Loxy... you must be enjoying one of Cuban's finest exports tonight. ;)
  70. dragonflyjade

Removing EP3 Front Honda Badge.. (To Replace It)

The red H badge has two pins that feed through the grill and held by small metal discs on the other side afaik.
  71. dragonflyjade

Well I do need to tip my hat to you G. Congratulations on getting this build to completion and building a car that technically brilliant and drivable. You are right to be pleased with the results. I do hope that after fine tuning and the engine settling in you can gain a couple of more...
  72. dragonflyjade

Alarm going off after battery went dead

Apologises for the late reply - busy day. I changed the main car battery as it was shot anyway after nine years. But yes, same issue with the siren going. But at 5am in the morning.
  73. dragonflyjade

Alarm going off after battery went dead

Been there and done this. The only way I got around it was to charge the car battery to tip top maximum. My Dad (auto-electrician) reckons there is a battery current sensor circuit in the alarm system that will fire the alarm if it notices a voltage drop or battery tamper. I changed the...
  74. dragonflyjade

What is the age and mileage of your CTR?

Update. Just tipped it over 94,000 miles last month. Flew through the MOT. Replaced the front drop links as a precaution. Owned for nine and a half years now.
  75. dragonflyjade

hitting the rev limiter the odd few times, is it that harmful?

There is a limiter set at ~4,000rpm to prevent neutral geared over-revs. However, dipped clutch and first gear engaged will over-ride this. J7 is correct - correct downshifts are important and no limiter will stop the wheels from turning the engine if you get it wrong.
  76. dragonflyjade

EP3 Problems, VTEC Juddering And Bogging Down, Broken CD and Wheel Vibrations :(

And check the plug gap too. A too small a gap caused some trouble for me last month. I presumed that plug gaps were pre-set. Never thought to double check them.
  77. dragonflyjade

EP3 Problems, VTEC Juddering And Bogging Down, Broken CD and Wheel Vibrations :(

Catalyst? Broken cells would infer to the bogging down at high revs. :?:
  78. dragonflyjade

Alex. You do not need to get the EML bulb fixed as a first job - from what I have understood from you previous post - but to get a code reader plugged to the car as a matter of importance. The EML light does not flash any codes out. (Apologises if I have misunderstood). The OBD II port is in...
  79. dragonflyjade

Alex. Welcome to the forum. A shame that the previous owner(s) may have pulled the EML light out. Sly tactics. However, Honda do charge heavy money just to get a scanner plugged into the car. Are any of the tuners close by you? You will get quality service and a fix within a reasonable price...
  80. dragonflyjade

Showoff Imports - Rolo - Building an Integra DC5 Track Car

Good work! Keep us updated. 8)
  81. dragonflyjade

polybush bushes

As in the geometry? Technically, yes but only until the tyres have scrubbed in and settled into the angles that the car is set to. A couple of hundred miles if that IMHO.
  82. dragonflyjade

polybush bushes

Thank you for confirming this Hazz. I know the bushes are fine at present. Only the offside ARB droplink has got play in it and it will be changed next weekend. Cosmic - changing the tyres does not alter the geometry. Leaving my old tyres on helped the mechanic figure out how my car was...
  83. dragonflyjade

What is the age and mileage of your CTR?

Bon soir smeg! Good to know you are still about. 8)
  84. dragonflyjade

polybush bushes

Would poly-bushing the CTR require the geometry to be checked again? Poly-bushing the car is something I have been thinking about but I have just had the geometry done and do not wish to pay for it again.
  85. dragonflyjade

Tar spots

Too windy and cold over here to clean the car. I may try tomorrow. I layered some Collinite and Jet Seal on back in October and just foamed over the winter, I'm interested in how this regime has held up to road dirt. :)
  86. dragonflyjade

Anyone have any experience of.....

Photoshopped DMF url on the DC2's front splitter on webpage... avoid.
  87. dragonflyjade

Spoon Spark Plugs

Eight Speed: £7.75 ex VAT per plug.
  88. dragonflyjade

Spoon Spark Plugs

Just fitted new NGK's after 30,000 miles on Denso. Remember to gap the plugs at 1.1mm. I assumed that the gap was fine and have spent two hours diagnosing the misfire. :roll: And yes, brand rip off. Stick with manufacturers who make certain products and do not branch into other fields ie...
  89. dragonflyjade

Goldie Jon's CG EP3

Post the Skoda sale up in the forum - you may get extra attention. ;)
  90. dragonflyjade

Fuel filter

trancehead. I changed the fuel filter on my EP3 at 50,000 miles. I'm sure it is a serviceable item listed on the service schedules - not sure when though as I tend to change things when needed. I purchased a fuel filter from Honda Derby three weeks ago (with rubber gasket) so you can buy them...
  91. dragonflyjade

EP3 service kit

I tend to get the following from: oil - opieoils air filter and fuel filter - from local Honda dealer HAMP oil filters, spark plugs and other bits - EightSpeed transmission fluid - local Honda dealer I tend to bulk buy from the online retailers in order to make most value from the postage and...
  92. dragonflyjade

Goldie Jon's CG EP3

That little Skoda looks great! Very cool imo. 8)
  93. dragonflyjade

A squirt of Mr Sheen and an MF will have those lovely valves as coffee table ornaments. ;) Build is sounding great. Good progress made. Car is filthy though - needs spring time clean! :D Looking forwards to the next post - good work - onwards and upwards. 8)
  94. dragonflyjade

09 Crystal Black FN2: The end of an era!

This would upset me dearly. One for the time and monetary loss in getting in fixed and also the fact that it was me - personal thing. I do hope you get a perfect job done on the car. More importantly, I hope the Police stake out the area and shove the rifle up the little scum's backside.
  95. dragonflyjade

My ABP "ITR"

Anyway of relocating the rear fog light into the clusters. It would look tidier IMO. Other than that, bloody good job - looks very clean and well loved. 8)
  96. dragonflyjade

New Honda Civic.

Looking at the pictures, the four-door saloon seems to carry its length and lines better. It seems better composed to my eye. The hatch-back looks slightly awkward at the rear and the face is a nod to the Nissan GTR. It is well sculpted, less fussy than the FN2, but needs a small lip or spoiler...
  97. dragonflyjade

Correct battery for my JDM EP3?......

I would have thought that the UKDM battery would fit. I have recently purchased a Yuasa (which is OEM) battery from local motor factors for the £40 mark - model 057. Make sure the terminals are the right way round when you go and get it.
  98. dragonflyjade

Water repellent spray

Not that I know of. There is Dodo Juice Time To Dry spray but you will still need to wipe the water off. ^Joe may know of one.
  99. dragonflyjade

S2000 & NSX NSX lovers look here

Good Lord! Cup of tea and read time.
Back