• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. taylor

Slight flat spots when accelerating and going round corners.??

Have a search mate theirs plenty on this issue....
  2. taylor

flip key for ep3

Would this work on the pre facelift ep3 also???
  3. taylor

Mtf-3

Hey guys why all the bother, forget it... Its seems this guy has a lot to learn.....
  4. taylor

Mtf-3

Is the clutch slipping, hence the reason for changing......
  5. taylor

Mtf-3

This is hilarious man someone has to take this guy aside and have a word, honestly mind change the filter too lol.....
  6. taylor

insurance help!

Its not worth it mate
  7. taylor

Dastek unichip Q

Its a fair set up mate, I'd say its worth £100 quid, your check light will stay on. So an 02 sim will be required if your running decat. I have unichip q, you get what you pay for its no kpro that's for sure. Power output Your looking at around 230ish bhp wise.
  8. taylor

All please reply, both standard and modified

How long have you had the motor. You say you had a damper fitted now removed. Was it like this when it was. Fitted...
  9. taylor

Good stuff, have tgm had a look at the car regards the problem. Its bad when its cold right....
  10. taylor

Maybe, was it a new throttle body that you fitted complete, with all new components ie sensors.
  11. taylor

Could it be intake related....
  12. taylor

Hey stoo what happens when you replace all these parts and it still happens????
  13. taylor

Hesitation issues stoo....
  14. taylor

What have you replaced so far, I have spent tonnes of cash too trying to resolve my issue also with no luck, what's the year and mileage....
  15. taylor

Nighthawk Premier edition JRSC CTR + DC5 Alloys

Nighthawk Premier edition CTR + DC5 Alloys I'm sure abp do the spacer's, I take it its a 10mm set up to fit these wheels. I think... Looks the biz I must say....
  16. taylor

Hi their are loads of topics regards this one mate have a search for it.... Its a common issue for the ep3.
  17. taylor

Identifying dc5 cams

Thank god I was unsure about them at first, thanks again loxy a great help....
  18. taylor

Identifying dc5 cams

Hi loxy nice info thanks, this is the full top end I have, they were stated as dc5/jdm civic cams, I seen the rbc stamped on the end gears just seemed a bit strange. So would you say they are ok, I sold a set weeks ago to howie, good to see he got sorted out....
  19. taylor

Identifying dc5 cams

Hi all I've just took delivery of supposed cams with cradle. On the cam gears its stamped rbc..... Are these not out of a 2.4 engine Any info would help thanks....
  20. taylor

EML keeps flickering.

Nice stuff buddy glad your happy with the figures. I got my eye on another set of cams again. How was it at tdi, defo well clued up those guys by the sounds of it....
  21. taylor

EML keeps flickering.

I don't know if this would be of help. Whose fuel are you using, I had kpro with henry, and mines pinked under load. I took it out and sold it thought it was just not for my car, nieve and new to hondas so lesson learnt for me, go back to sos I'm sure davie will be more than welcome to help...
  22. taylor

Engine troube info required

Bravo bravo God loves you
  23. taylor

Ist really easy to edit a post eh...I aint a retard like a few on this ****, I'd love to meet and smack a few about no probs. Your forum is a nasty joint. I know many who say the same. Delete my account, and for your info the car is sorted It pains me to write this ****. S2k your right...
  24. taylor

Inlet manifold

Yeah you can needs an adaptor plate if I'm correct and itd an rbc inlet buddy
  25. taylor

What is the age and mileage of your CTR?

52 just at 92f.s:
  26. taylor

Deoends on what you mean goog mate, I'm having no so good luck iv changed all sensors. Cam chian... Could this de a visit to honda........
  27. taylor

Any good honda tech in glasgow ares on hear too
  28. taylor

civic type r cutting out after 4-5 seconds - HELP PLEASE

Are you sure mate a got mines done this week it made no chang. Got a map sensor ordered fingers crossed mate.let me know how you get on
  29. taylor

civic type r cutting out after 4-5 seconds - HELP PLEASE

Are you getting a management light, did your car rattle on start up. Also what mileage is on it......
  30. taylor

Heater problem.

Lower the glove box and remove the ecu, it to the right hand side of the heater unit, look it up on lings honda. That will give you a picture break down....
  31. taylor

Intermittent code p0314 cam position sensor

I am not sorry Wish I was to try shed some light on this for me, don't know what to do to be honest....
  32. taylor

Well I replaced the tps sensor, calibrated it 0.43 closed 4.33 fully open car runs like sh*t. I'm still getting this fault code. I may have to admit defeat and look at possible chain issues. Any opinions welcome....
  33. taylor

I am not so sure that's the issue with my motor. I may replace the tps sensor and see how it runs. What's strange is that it only dose it now and again, so I'm taking a guess this could cause it to run so bad at start up... Any ideas guys...
  34. taylor

Its very strange, how did your motor run in after this happened....
  35. taylor

Your thoughts

your spelling !!!!!!
  36. taylor

Front caliper stuck

Its best you get it refurb'd or rebuild, when you fit your new pads and discs it will lock up, due to it being part seized. Wrecking your new parts....
  37. taylor

Members being abusive and rude

Will do. Thanks again....
  38. taylor

Sorry beards. As I am using tapatalk. Didn't know it supported this issue....
  39. taylor

As above, this is supposed to be a sharing and helpfull site. I hope you guys are aware of this. Not good
  40. taylor

Need Help On How To Find Out Witch Coil Pack Is Faulty..

Their are a few threads going just now about ep3 hesitation, it seems to be a rite bitch to cure. So before you buy anything have a look around bud......
  41. taylor

Heater motor fault

It was the pack lol.... Thanks to yourself stoo
  42. taylor

Tuning my car any suggestions?

I must admit that unichip isn't the greatest, in respect to other options. But the engine pulls well, with vtec engaged its very strong. You only get what you pay for I guess......
  43. taylor

and my apoligies to stoo for my grammer skills
  44. taylor

Hi loxy Unichip dose not have the feature to alter rpm limiter, the reason for the slightly higher crossover is that it lost power on the change. As you can see it runs really smooth on the cross point....
  45. taylor

I may have typed the wrong code,as for the reading on the scan tool this is what at related too. As for the stretched chain, maybe the engine is reaching 92k, so this could be related too it also. For the poor start, the engine fired and spat to a halt. It didn't recover very well afterwards...
  46. taylor

Yes you are correct these things are all related. Would you not say that a buggered o2 will throw the parameters way off, the engine in question started and cut out. And after a few attempts it started but threw the fault. What is strange is the light went out after a few miles. Their is no...
  47. taylor

Hear it is
  48. taylor

I got my car done with these guys with unichip I will post mine up.... Looks see wat you think.
  49. taylor

No it seems you do sir, we are not all gifted... But will we will give it a go. Right or wrong......
  50. taylor

You seem to be a wise man.... So please share your thought....
  51. taylor

Oh yes it will.... New one fitted, code cleared. Motor starting fine. Constant turning the engine over without it starting or poor start up will confuse the ecu..
  52. taylor

Fuel rail

Hey guys I just fitted a new rail to my ep3 but it seems to take a little longer to start and runs from cold a bit sluggish. The damper has been removed is this the cause and is their a cure.....
  53. taylor

It will if your engine has a rough idle, or excess engine cranking to start... Sorry for my silly post, not very mature. Car running ok so far.
  54. taylor

Stoo I fitted a new pre cat o2 seems to be fine now took it a late nite spin, no rattle or any strange probs. Idle is spot on ......
  55. taylor

Hi everyone I have a intermittent code p0314 cam position sensor. I had the tensioner replaced a while back just for safety. the issue I have is, on start up a couple of days ago the engine started and spluttered to a halt, after a few attempts to start it finaly started also with a cel...
  56. taylor

Power guestimation!

Very much lol
  57. taylor

Power guestimation!

A lot lol.... Depends on what you're looking for there are loads on the market. It's best you reserch these items to see what you can afford....
  58. taylor

Power guestimation!

230ish is about right. I'm running similar mods with unichip, I'm 232 good progress mid range....
  59. taylor

De cat or not de cat that's the question

What the other guy said....over bore is proven to lose power. This is not an issue in regards to a turbo set up. A good two and a half inch system will keep you right. If you want to take a chance with the law its up to you..... Taylor
  60. taylor

De cat or not de cat that's the question

Hi their its a fact you need back pressure, but most good makes of decat manifolds are designed to flow more gasses, but still allow for these pulses to continue, to gain real response from it, a remap is the best route to take. Its worth taking this into account. Taylor
  61. taylor

Heater motor fault

Thanks stoo was on line looking at one... Is this a common failure....
  62. taylor

Heater motor fault

Hi everyone just got into my ep3 after a little warm up the heater has packed in. Iv checked the under bonnet fuse, this seems to be ok. Any clues on what it could be! Thanks taylor
  63. taylor

idle issues!!

Could be drawing air from a vac leak Taylor
  64. taylor

Coil packs

I ordered one to check this out, just waiting on it arriving.... Taylor
  65. taylor

Coil packs

Had the car 4 years now and changed them once, they say their good for 70k its only done 90 I done them at 60 odds. I did have a lambda problem for a few weeks! Just thinking they could be coked up with it running rich.... Taylor
  66. taylor

Coil packs

I stoo no theirs no mil light its only at very low speed as in pulling away and slow moving traffic, seems to die then splutter then picks up again....... Taylor
  67. taylor

Coil packs

Hi all, I'm having a bit of trouble with my ep3, it seems to have this hesitation stuttering issue, more so in the mornings but still continues not as bad when warmed up. Could this be a coil pack fault.. Any ideas... Ps sorry if this is an old post Taylor
  68. taylor

K20A2 jdm cams

Got myself some nice dc5 cams oh yeah, a great price from a dude off ek9.0rg.... Flying scotsman
  69. taylor

Has anyone got a guide to fitting gearbox insert bush/mount

Its a not so bad dude. I done mine today just done it as I seen what had to come off for access. Battery first. remove long fixing bolt then the 3 that hold the mount in place, it should now be free. Remove your air box if you have one... If your handy with your tools I'm sure you will sort...
  70. taylor

Integra rear anti roll bar

Few questions ladies and gents. I picked up a integra 22mm bar to upgrade my ep3 one. I'm worried it will foul the back box, is this a problem with this upgrade, as there is not much clearance just now with the standard one. Can you get solid exhaust mounts to tighten it up a bit. Thanks...
  71. taylor

Pre cat o2 mil light

Hey guys I fitted I'm having bother with my pre cat o2. Iv modded it with the none fouler method.. But its still not fixed the problem.. Can anyone. Help me out, could it be a faulty o2 sensor...... Thanks in advance taylor Not a happy monkey
  72. taylor

K20A2 jdm cams

Depends on how far you want to push your tuning aspects. In reality I'm looking for around 250bhp without breaking the bank, like serious engine upgrades. Stage 2 like loxy has said, be ready to fork out lots of cash for all the add on's......
  73. taylor

K20A2 jdm cams

Thanks loxy you are a wealth of infomation. I think I might treat myself to a set.... They are doing them for around 700 dollars.... Taylor
  74. taylor

K20A2 jdm cams

SKU 14110/20-PRC-020. Is this the honda part number for these cams, got it off password jdm site. Taylor
  75. taylor

Unichip Q

Sos motorsport in falkirk. I have been on unichip web page. It lists fitment for the ep3.... Maybe were being too hasty to point the finger at unichip. My car ran fine when it was installed. Over time its developed this issue.
  76. taylor

Decat Engine Light Elimination Methods

Well spoken in my opinion. Were not all flush with cash Finding out solutions for a better way of doing things, in these kind of forums is what we all hope for. If you want stand alone managment buy aem
  77. taylor

Unichip Q

I also have removed it, car seems not too bad still getting some hesitation, I'm sure civics sometimes develop this. It can be a common issue in older ones. Fotunatly my car is still under warranty with the tuner, so al take it up with him... Its defo not right Taylor
  78. taylor

I would like to know how this is done....... Taylor
  79. taylor

Taylor
  80. taylor

Timing bellt has been changed

Oh yeah it IS Taylor
  81. taylor

Timing bellt has been changed

Yup its a chain for sure. Was the car running Taylor
  82. taylor

Ep3 Inner CV joint

It sure is plenty to keep you amused lol Taylor
  83. taylor

Ep3 Inner CV joint

Hi their and welcome, why don't you try the forum traders. They might help...... Taylor
  84. taylor

Unichip Q

For sure buddy been like this since I had it installed also. Its been at the tuners with this issue, but cannot pin down the problem. I may also disconnect it just to see what happens. Do you find it starts ok when the outside temp is warm. Taylor
  85. taylor

EP3 Overheating

Any luck with the overheating issues Taylor
  86. taylor

Ep3 rear caliper repair kits

I'm on it like a mad dog eating beetroot, cheers guys Taylor
  87. taylor

Ep3 rear caliper repair kits

Hi all, I'm trying to track down a repair kit for my ep3. Honda want an arm and both your legs for it.... Can anyone help..... Taylor
  88. taylor

EP3 Overheating

Fairly easy it has to be reached from underneath the front end, the plastic undertray will have to be removed easy stuff.... Taylor
  89. taylor

EP3 Overheating

Sounds like the temp sensor that's faulty, its located at the bottom of the radiator, drivers side of the car. Get the fuses checked too.... Taylor
  90. taylor

Unichip Q

Sounds like a sweet motor buddy. I also run unichip with a few mods too rbc intake aem cai full dc sports system, but its not putting out anything like you say yours is getting.... 232@166 pounds foot Taylor
  91. taylor

k20a2 timing tensioner replacement

Got mines done also 40quid plus the part, keeps things in order Taylor
  92. taylor

Unichip Q

What's your mods@gains running unichip...... Taylor
  93. taylor

Tps sensor

Hey everone need some help. My 52 plate ep3 is giving me some idle issues from cold.....I have replaced the i/c/v and the water temp sensor no joy, its an erratic fault. Running very rich when it happens, after a warm it kinda clears.....
  94. taylor

Ep3 repair manual

Got one ordered buddy cheers for your help
  95. taylor

Ep3 repair manual

Had a look for one but to no avail.. any help on a link please.......
  96. taylor

I think I will let my tuner replace it if its that tricky..... Would I just purchase the tensioner and the locating pin with the 2 fixing bolts. That seems to be all that's listed to replace it. Don't want to spend on parts I don't need the chain is fine no rattle on start up but its covered 90...
  97. taylor

Hey all I'm looking to replace my tensioner on my ep.3 with the OEM parts. Is this a big job. The parts alone are 100 quid.... Any input would be of great help. Thanks taylor.....
  98. taylor

Dc rear silencer

Great info buddy.... I will call them tmro about it. The crack is really bad just about half the radius of the tail pipe, only just noticed it when I was washing the car. If theirs no joy getting a new one it will have to be sorted ASAP.
  99. taylor

Dc rear silencer

You bet will keep you posted....
  100. taylor

Dc rear silencer

I have sent them an email hopefully they might exchange or offer some sort of deal. Or maybe I'm being too optimistic lol. Can only try... Thanks again guys
Back